Obtain True Vintage Tone With This Gibson Custom 1964 SG Standard Reissue Electric Guitar In Faded Cherry
Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson's legacy through accuracy, authenticity and attention to detail.
Regardless of the fact that George Harrison and Eric Clapton rocked a '64 SG Standard, that model year was clearly a standout for SGs in general. The clunky side-pull vibrato had been replaced by the dependable Maestro Vibrola. The neck profiles had increased in size, resembling the profile found on 1959 Les Pauls. And the balance, playability and look of the SG seemed to come into its own. For all those reasons, Gibson Custom Shop is proud to present the newest member of the Historic Reissue family -- the 1964 SG Standard Reissue. Along with the Maestro Vibrola and chunky neck profile, it has all the hyper-accurate vintage specs one could possibly want -- original construction methods, a real red aniline dye finish, chemically-recreated plastics, replica electronics, and more. The result is perhaps the best looking, feeling and sounding SG Reissue yet.
- Body Wood: Solid Non-Weight Relieved Mahogany
- Neck Wood: 1-Piece Mahogany Neck with Long Neck Tenon
- Neck Shape: '60s Slim Taper
- Fingerboard: Rosewood Fingerboard
- Radius: 12"
- Inlays: Acrylic Trapezoid
- Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Width at Nut: 1 11/16"
- Frets: 22
- Headstock: Holly Veneer
- Binding: Single-Ply Cream on Top and Neck
- Pickups: 2 Custom Buckers
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-way Toggleswitch with Thin Washer & Jackplate
- Hardware: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Maestro Vibrola
- Tuners: Kluson Deluxe Green Key Tuners
- Case: Gibson Custom Hardshell
- Included: Certificate of Authenticity
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details