Experience A Gold Mine of Tone - The Gibson Custom Shop 1954 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue VOS Electric Guitar in Double Gold
From Freddie King to Jeff Beck, many great pickers have been attracted the unique character of the -------"wraparound-------" tailpiece of a 1954 Les Paul Goldtop. Some believe its direct link to the body stud screws maximizes sustain while others believe the wraparound bar creates a distinct tonality and vocal quality. Whatever the case, there is certainly something special about this early year in the Les Paul Model's history and Gibson Custom Shop created this '54 Reissue to perfectly recapture the look, feel, and tone of the originals.
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Top: 2-Piece Plain Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back: 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Chunky C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75-------"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12-------"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Gibson Narrow/Tall
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687-------"
- End of Board Width: 2.24-------"
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Wraparound
- Tailpiece: Wraparound
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Pickguard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Truss Rod: Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs: Gold Speed Knobs
- Switch Tip: Amber Catalin
- SwitchwasherSilkscreened Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Jack Plate Cover: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Control Covers: Brown Royalite
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Pickup Covers: Soapbar Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Neck Pickup: Custom Soapbar P90
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Soapbar P90
- Controls: CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details