*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Celebrate 60 Years of The Gibson Name - The Gibson Custom Shop 60th Anniversary Les Paul Standard Reissue Electric Guitar in V2 Tomato Soup Burst
This limited-edition 60th Anniversary model celebrates the iconic 1960 Les Paul Standard, which has shaped music across genres for six decades. The artisans at Gibson Custom Shop have proudly recreated the experience of owning a priceless original thanks to the painstaking attention to detail and tireless study of vintage examples, closely following the three distinct versions seen within 1960. Those made in the first third of the year (V1) had the same specs as 1959 models, while the middle third (V2) had thinner neck profiles, different knobs, and brighter colors. The final third (V3) featured even thinner neck profiles. Each version is available within this historic limited run of instruments, inspiring players in different ways. Included is a 60th Anniversary switch plate, a commemorative Certificate of Authenticity booklet, and a vintage replica hardshell case.
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Body Material: 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Top: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back: 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: V1 Authentic '59 Medium C-Shape or V2 Authentic '60 Slim C-Shape or V3 Authentic '60 Skinny C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- End of Board Width: 2.24"
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Saddle Material: Nickel-plated Brass
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring (V1), or Double Ring (V2, V3)
- Pickguard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs: Amber Butyrate Top Hats w/ Silver Inserts
- Switch Tip: Amber Catalin
- Switchwasher: Replica Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Jack Plate Cover: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Control Covers: Black Royalite
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Mounting Rings: M69 Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Pickup Covers: Authentic Profile Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume/2 Tone CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.