Get A Jumbo Guitar With Unparalleled Tonal Balance - The Gibson J-185 Original Acoustic Guitar In Vintage Sunburst
The J-185 is believed by many to be one of Gibson's best acoustic instruments, yet it seems to be fairly obscure, much to the delight of devoted Gibson lovers. Originally released in the early 1950s and designed to be slight smaller than its larger companion, the SJ-200, the J-185 still offers superior performance and tone. The J-185 Original maintains unsurpassed balance of lows, mids, and highs, with equal response to every note on the fretboard. Acclaimed by many as the perfect body size and shape for any player.
- Body Shape: J-185
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back: Flame maple
- Side: Flame maple
- Bracing: Traditional hand scalloped X-bracing
- Binding: Multi-ply top, multi-ply back
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Standard
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.725"
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl Parallelograms
- Joint: Compound Dovetail Neck-to-body
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Traditional belly up
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Keystone
- Pickguard: J-185
- Truss Rod Cover: Black and White
- Bridge Pins: Tusq
- Under Saddle Pickup: LR Baggs VTC
- Controls: Volume and Tone controls
- Strings Gauge: 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details