Traditional Build With Modern Enhancements - The Gibson USA Lukas Nelson '56 Les Paul Junior In Satin Vintage Sunburst Finish
Lukas Nelson and Gibson luthiers worked closely to develop his Lukas Nelson '56 Les Paul Junior. Based off of his beloved 1956 Les Paul Junior, which has been his main guitar for several years, the Lukas Nelson '56 Les Paul Junior is rooted in tradition with some modern enhancements.
As with his original Les Paul Junior, the single-cutaway slab mahogany body and neck are crafted of genuine mahogany for its resonant tonal characteristics and moderate weight. The fat 50s-style neck profile feels smooth and comfortable while providing rigidity and sustain. It features a rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays and medium jumbo frets for a vintage feel with modern playability. Finished in a deluxe Satin Vintage Sunburst, this shade was developed to capture the same vintage patina of his original '56 Les Paul Junior.
The single, dogear P-90 pickup features Alnico 3 magnets and is voiced to replicate the tonal response that Lukas requires. The single volume and tone controls have gold speed knobs (as used in 1956) and are hand-wired featuring an Orange Drop capacitor and original spec 500 k vintage audio taper pots. The aged nickel-plated hardware includes Vintage Deluxe strip style tuners with white buttons like the originals but feature a higher gear ratio for improved performance.
The 50's style wraparound bridge provides the same look and solid resonance as the original, but it is made with a stealthy compensation contour to improve intonation accuracy.
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: 50s Vintage
- Scale Length: 24.75-"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12-"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 1.695-"
- End of Board Width: 2.26-"
- Inlays: Acrylic Dots
- Body Shape: Les Paul Junior
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer, High Build
- Finish: Aged Nickel
- Bridge: Vintage Style Compensated Wraparound
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Deluxe strip with white buttons
- Control Knobs: Gold Speed knobs
- Jack Plate Cover: Aged Nickel
- Pickup Covers: Black Dog Ear
- Bridge Pickup: Alnico 3 P-90 Dogear
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone (Hand-wired with Orange Drop capacitors)
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details