OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Get Pristine Fidelity With The Hafler P3100 2 Channel Power Amplifier
The Hafler P3100 is a 2-channel power amplifier that is equally at home with the most discerning audiophile as with the most demanding studio recording engineer.
David Hafler pioneered the use of MOSFETs during the 1970â€™s as a means to approach the even-order sonic character of tubes, while transitioning to the more practical side of discrete solid-state electronics. Over the years his designs have proven to be extremely fault tolerant even in abusive situations. This sturdiness enables the amplifier to drive reactive speaker loads without the performance-degrading sound penalties imposed by elaborate protection schemes. Lateral MOSFETs were designed specifically for linear audio amplification with their high speed and superior sonic characteristics compared to the vertical MOSFETs or bipolar output transistors used by many other amplifier makers. Inside the P3100 is the latest refinement of the Transâ€¢Nova (TRANSconductance Nodal Voltage Amplifier, US Patent 4,467,288) circuit that was developed by industry guru Jim Strickland. The Transâ€¢Nova circuit squeezes the most out of every component to reduce the gain stages down to three in lieu of the five typically employed by others. The shorter path results in a much more open sounding and realistic sound stage.
In this latest iteration, a toroidal power transformer has been introduced. This has a lower output impedance and produces far less noise than a conventional E-lam transformer. The result is a tighter, more defined bottom end. As well, toroidal transformers are inherently self-shielding which reduces the amount of potential low frequency and rectifier noise introduced into the audio signal path. Passive convection cooling, with over-sized heatsinks, surround the amplifier eliminating the need for a fan, thus enabling the P3100 to be used in the most intimate installations. The front panel includes individual level adjustments to offset room imbalances, signal present and ballistic LED metering, along with indicators for faults due to excessive heat or short circuits. A soft start power-on switch protects loudspeakers from turn on transients that could reduce lifespan. The rear panel sports a choice of XLR, Â¼â€ TRS and gold plated RCAs for greater flexibility. Output connections feature gold-plated binding posts that can adapt to all popular speaker cable sizes.
In use, the Hafler P3100 is rich in detail, depth of field and musicality. With 150 watts of available power per channel at 8 Ohms and 200 watts at 4 Ohms, the P3100 has plenty of headroom to drive the most power-hungry loudspeaker. Bridged in mono, 400 watts are available for sub-woofers or as a matched pair for larger 2-channel setups.
Hafler has a long history of use in professional recording studios with unparalleled sound quality and reliability.
TWO CHANNEL LISTENING
The P3100 delivers rich detail and highly linear amplification for the discerning audiophileâ€™s listening room.
Trusted by the â€˜golden earsâ€™ of the recording industry, two bridged-mono P3100s provide incredible headroom and quality for use in a mastering studio.
- Patented Trans Nova technology with lateral MOSFET output topology
- 150 watts per channel into 8 Ohms (200 w/channel in 4 Ohms)
- Ultra quiet performance with toroidal transformer and oversized heatsinks
- Ideally suited for audiophile and professional studio recording
- 150 Watts/Channel @ 8 Ohms
- 200 Watts/Channel @ 4 Ohms
- 400 Watts bridged/mono @ 8 Ohms
INPUT SENSITIVITY RANGE
- 620mV to 3.5V (@ 8 Ohms) per phase balanced
- 505mV to 2.8V (@ 4 Ohms) per phase balanced
- 400 (to 1kHz)
- 200 (to 10kHz)
- 18 (to 100kHz)
- 120W / 1.0A @ 120VAC (idle power)
- 350W / 2.9A @ 120VAC (1/8 power â€“ 8 Ohms)
- 600W / 5.0A @ 120VAC (max. power â€“ 8 Ohms)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.15% (15Hz-50kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise: 102dB "A" weighted
- Full Power Bandwidth: 0.15Hz to 300Khz (+0/-3dB)
- Slew Rate: 100V/Âµs
- CMRR (Common Mode Rejection Ratio): 75dB at 1kHz
- Input Impedance: 47k Ohms per phase balanced
- Gain: +14dB min. / +29dB max
- Indicators: Power, signal, clipping, thermal, short
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA89604
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device