Get An Instrument As Revolutionary As The Musician It Was Designed For With The Ibanez JEM/UV Steve Vai Series Electric Guitar - White
Steve Vai is one of the revered few on that short list of players who have changed the way we all think about what a guitar can really do. His signature Ibanez guitars are no different: Iconic, Sublime, Awe-Inspiring, Outrageous. The Ibanez JEM/UV Series models are designed to break boundaries.
Vai's signature instruments include the Ibanez JEM guitar, which he designed in 1985 with first-of-its-kind features including the floating tremolo and the monkey grip. The JEM is now one of the longest running, most successful signature series guitars in history, and for over a decade its sister model-the RG-is second in worldwide sales only to the Fender Stratocaster.
- 5-Way Switching System: Neck/Neck, Neck/Mid, Middle, Mid/Bridge, Bridge/Bridge
Tree of Life Inlay: The Tree of Life inlay is a signature feature of the JEM's storied past.
- Monkey Grip: One of the most recognizable features on the fantastic JEM7V is Steve Vai's signature monkey grip. Crank your amp up, grab that baby and hold on for dear life
- DiMarzio Evolution: Steve Vai's Signature features DiMarzio Evolution humbuckers in the bridge and neck positions and a DiMarzio Evolution single coil in the middle position for a wide array of rock tones.
- Edge Tremolo: JEM7V will let you scream or moan with the Edge bridge and groundbreaking Lion's Claw tremolo cavity, allowing pitches to be radically raised or lowered without obstruction.
- Scalloped Fingerboard on 21-24 Frets
- Ultralite Tremolo Arm and hardshell case included
- Neck Type: Jem 5Pc Maple/Walnut Neck
- Body: Alder Body
- Fretboard: Rosewood Fretboard With Tree Of Life Inlay
- Fret: W/6105 Frets With Prestige Fret Edge Treatment
- Bridge: Edge Tremolo Bridge
- Neck Pickup: Dimarzio Evolution (H) Neck Pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- Middle Pickup: Dimarzio Evolution (S) Middle Pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Bridge Pickup: Dimarzio Evolution (H) Bridge Pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Scale: 648mm/25.5"
- a. Width: 43mm at NUT
- b. Width: 58mm at 24F
- c. Thickness: 18mm at 1F
- d. Thickness: 20mm at 12F
- Radius: 430mmR
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.