Celebrate Great Performance And Excellent Sound - The Limited Edition Ibanez BTB20TH5 20th Anniversary 5 String Bass Does, And With Good Reason
It was 1999 when Ibanez launched the BTB bass. Now, Ibanez is pleased to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the BTB by introducing the fantastic BTB20TH5 anniversary model.
One of the hallmarks of the BTB is the beautiful combination of select-grade materials. The BTB20TH5 has a Maple/Walnut neck with a Panga Panga fretboard, a Flamed Maple top and an Ash and Okume body. The BTB20TH5 has neck-through construction, providing massive sustain and excellent stability.
The beauty of the combined woods is accentuated by the eye-catching BRL (Blue Reef Gradation Low Gloss) finish.
The Panga Panga fretboard has an exotic grain and produces a tight low and mid range with a sharp high end attack. The stainless steel frets, well known for bright tone and long durability, are carefully installed on the beautiful fingerboard. The BTB also features a zero fret to provide accurate intonation while allowing open strings to ring with the same resonance as notes played higher up the neck.
We selected Nordstrand Big Single pickups, paired with our Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ, for the BTB20TH5 anniversary model. The Nordstrand -"Big Single-" is as big and meaty as a single coil soapbar-style pickup can be, and produces a full-bodied, powerful, aggressive tonal texture, while still retaining the clarity that's characteristic of single coil pickups. The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w / 3-way mid-frequency switch offers tonal variations that enhance simple chord work as well as complex soloing.
The MR5S bridge has adjustable saddles for string spacing adjustments, answering every bassist?s individual string spacing demands, no matter what playing style. The saddles can be adjusted by 1.5mm.
- BTB5 5pc Maple / Walnut neck-through
- 24 (+ zero fret) frets
- Flamed Maple top / Ash / Okoume wing body
- Panga Panga fretboard w / Abalone dot inlay
- Medium Stainless Steel frets
- Nordstrand Big Single neck pickup
- Nordstrand Big Single bridge pickup
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
- 3-way Mid frequency switch
- MR5S bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Black matte hardware
- Neck Type: BTB5 5pc Maple/Walnut Neck-through
- Top/Back/Body: Flamed Maple top Ash/Okoume wing body
- Fretboard: Panga Panga fretboard; Abalone dot inlay
- Frets: Medium Stainless Steel frets
- Number of Frets: 24 (w/ zero fret)
- Bridge: MR5S bridge
- Neck pickup: Nordstrand Big Single neck pickup (Passive)
- Bridge pickup: Nordstrand Big Single bridge pickup (Passive)
- Equaliser: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
- Nut: Plastic
- Hardware Color: Black matte
- Scale: 889mm/35-"
- Width: 47mm at NUT
- Width: 76mm at 24 (+ zero fret)
- Thickness: 20mm at 1F
- Thickness: 22mm at 12F
- Radius: 400mmR
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.