Explore All The Possibilities Of The Intellijel Dixie II+ Full-Featured Triangle Core VCO/LFO Module
The Dixie II+ is a larger variant of the classic Dixie II. Using the same great triangle core oscillator, it adds a number of features to make it even more versatile with only a modest increase in size. The Dixie II+ makes a great primary oscillator for a modular system, or a great companion the Rubicon.
- 8-position octave switch for quick setting of course tuning.
- Fine-tuning knob that turns to a coarse knob when in LFO mode.
- Dual FM inputs, with FM1 attenuator and switch to select between exponential and linear mode.
- Pulse width control with attenuator.
- Reset to 0 V hard sync input, ideal for percussive sounds or modulation.
- Flip sync circuit similar to but improved from the Dixie II.
- 6 waveform outputs: sine, triangle, zigzag, saw, pulse, and suboctave.
- OCTAVE: This 8-position switch is used to set the coarse tuning of the oscillator. Each position shifts the tuning by one octave. Fine adjustment can be made using the FINE knob. Note that when in LFO and with the FINE knob turned up the oscillator may hit the upper limits of the LFO frequency range when the switch is in the higher octave settings.
- EXP/LIN: This switch selects the mode of the FM1 input between linear and exponential response.
- FINE: When in VCO mode this knob functions as a fine adjustment for the tuning frequency. The range is approximately +/- 6 semitones from the center position. When the oscillator is in LFO mode the range of the knob is much higher, approximate +/- 7 octaves.
- VCO/LFO: This switch switches the Dixie II+ between VCO and LFO mode. When in VCO mode the oscillator operates at audio rates with frequencies between 20 Hz up to almost 60 kHz. When in LFO mode it can achieve cycles from several minutes in length up to low audio rates of around 1 kHz.
- FM1 Attenuator: Attenuator for the FM1 input.
- PWM Attenuator: Attenuator for the PWM input.
- PULSE WIDTH: This knob sets the base pulse width of the PULSE output. When fully counter clockwise the output will produce a narrow 10% duty cycle pulse, when fully clockwise it produces a pulse with a 90% duty cycle. A square wave is produced with the knob in the 12 o'clock position. The knob is summed with the PWM input.
Inputs & Outputs
- FM1: Linear or exponential frequency modulation input. The behavior is set by the LIN/EXP switch.
- FM2: Exponential frequency modulation input.
- PWM: This input is summed with the PULSE WIDTH knob to set the width of the PULSE output. The range is +/- 5 V. Note that the width can go down to 0% and up to 100% at which point no wave will be produced.
- 1V/OCT: Primary pitch voltage control input.
- SYNC: When the input waveform crosses zero the oscillator is also reset to zero.
- FLIP: This input functions similarly to the SYNC input except that instead of resetting the oscillator to zero it flips the direction of travel.
- SINE: Sine wave output.
- TRIANGLE: Triangle wave output.
- ZIG-ZAG: Zig-zag wave output.
- SAW: Saw wave output.
- PULSE: Pulse wave output. The width of the pulse is controlled by a combination of the PULSE WIDTH knob and PWM input.
- SUB: Suboscillator output. Produces a 50% duty cycle square wave with a frequency one octave below that of the primary oscillator.
Width: 8 hp
- Max Depth: 40 mm
- Power: 60 mA @ -12 V, 70 mA @ +12 V
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details