Explore New Dimensions Of Timbre With The Intellijel Dixie II Triangle Core VCO/LFO Module
The Dixie II has all the great qualities and features of the original dixie but has been made a bit wider (6 hp instead of 4 hp) for better spacing and is now skiff friendly. The panel knobs are bolted on and the jacks have more space between them.
This makes a perfect modulation source to pair with the Rubicon. Add a ÂµFold, ÂµVCA and ÂµFade and you have all the ingredients for a powerful and highly flexible complex timbre generator.
- Triangle core (superior for musical fm sounds)
- VCO mode range: 1 Hz to 24 kHz
- LFO mode range: 0.01 Hz (100 seconds) to 240 Hz
- Precise tracking within 0.1% over 8 octaves
- 6 waveforms, including: triangle, sine, sawtooth, pulse (with PWM), square (50% duty cycle), and a unique â€œzigzagâ€ waveform.
- Reversing sync (which can be made into soft sync with an external VCA or attenuator)
- Jumper on PCB to select center- or edge-triggered PWM
- COARSE: This knob dials in the coarse frequency of the oscillator across approximately 11 octaves. The yellow led indicates the rate visually.
- LFO/VCO: This switch switches the Dixie II between LFO and VCO mode. When in VCO mode the oscillator operates at audio rates with frequencies between 20 Hz up to almost 60 kHz. When in LFO mode the it can achieve cycles from several minutes in length up to low audio rates of around 1 kHz.
- FINE: This knob sets the fine tuning of the oscillator, its range is Â±6 semitones on either side of center.
Inputs & Outputs
- 1V/OCT: This is the primary pitch voltage control input.
- LIN FM: Linear frequency modulation input.
- SYNC: Flip sync input. When the input sync signal crosses 0V, the oscillator waveform will reverse directions.
- PWM: This input sets the width of the PULSE output. The range is +/- 5 V. Note that the width can go down to 0% and up to 100% at which point no wave will be produced. With nothing connected to this input the pulse width is 50%.
- TRIANGLE: Triangle wave output.
- SINE: Sine wave output.
- SAW: Saw wave output.
- ZIG-ZAG: Zig-zag wave output.
- SQUARE: Pulse wave output with a fixed 50% duty cycle.
- PULSE: Pulse wave output. The width of the pulse is controlled by the PWM input.
- Width: 6 hp
Max Depth: 40 mm
Power: 37mA @ -12V, 42mA @ +12V
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA90472