OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Expertly Craft Envelopes With The Intellijel Dual ADSR Slider Based Envelope Module
The Dual ADSR contains two ADSR (Attack Decay Sustain Release) envelope generators modeled after those found on many classic synthesizers. The envelope gates are normalled so they can be triggered from the same gate-source or independently.
The cycle switches allow the envelopes to be used as unipolar LFOs. The circuit is based in part on the Roland SH-101 / System100m design with several enhancements:
- Manual GATE buttons
- Three timing ranges: (1 second, 10second, 1minute A/D times)
- Normal and inverted outputs
- End of Decay (EOD) logic output
- Cycle mode (which GATE logic control)
- Retrig input (allows re-triggering of the envelope if source gate held high)
- Dynamic control of the envelope output level (each ADSR is routed through a linear VCA and the control is normalled to +5V via the LEVEL jack. You can patch another control source like an LFO or VELOCITY level from a keyboard to this jack.
- GATE BUTTON: The gate button is normalled to the GATE input. Pressing and holding the button will activate the envelope in the same way as an incoming gate signal from a keyboard or sequencer. It provides a useful way to test out the envelope settings or to manually to trigger the envelope during performance.
- CYCLE SWITCH: When in the ON position the end of the decay phase will start the attack phase again.
- EOD INDICATOR LED: This LED is lit when the decay phase of the envelope has completed and remains lit till the next time the attack phase begins. The EOD output gate will also be high at the same time.
- RATE SWITCH: The rate switch selects between three different ranges for the attack, decay, and release times. In FAST mode the maximum time for each stage is approximately 1 second. It is approximately 10 seconds in MED mode, and 1 minute it SLOW mode.
- A[TTACK]: This slider sets the duration of the envelope attack stage. This is the time it takes for the envelope level to go from zero to the maximum level. The duration is nearly zero with the slider at the bottom and the longest when the slider is at the bottom. The length of the longest setting is set with the RATE switch.
- D[ECAY]: This slider sets the duration of the envelope decay stage. This is the time it takes for the envelope level to go from the maximum to the sustain level. The length of the longest setting is set with the RATE switch.
- S[USTAIN]: This slider sets the level of the sustain stage. It is 0 V at the bottom and 5 V at the top. I
- R[ELEASE]: This slider sets the duration of the envelope release stage. This is the time it takes the envelope to go from the sustain level back to 0 after the gate is released. The length of the longest setting is set with the RATE switch.
- LEVEL INDICATOR: The brightness of this LED indicates the level of the envelope.
Inputs & Outputs
- GATE: While the gate input is high the envelope moves through its stages until it hits the sustain stage. If at any time the gate goes low the envelope will enter the release stage.
- For ADSR 2 this input is normalled to the input of ADSR 1 so that when no cable is connected the GATE of ADSR 2, a gate signal at ADSR 1 can be used to trigger both envelopes.
- RETRIG: When a trigger is received at this input while the gate is high it resets the envelope back to 0 and starts the attack phase again.
- LEVEL: This input expects a 0 to 5 V signal and controls the overall level of the envelope via a built-in linear VCA. It is normalled to a 5 V source so when nothing is connected the envelope uses its maximum range.
- OUTPUT: This is the primary envelope output. The level is from 0 to 5 V.
- INVERTED OUTPUT: This output provides the inverted version of the envelope, from 0 to -5 V.
- EOD: This gate output goes high once the envelope completes the decay phase and remains high until the next attack phase.
- Width: 14HP
- Max Depth: 38mm
- Power: 60mA @ +12V, 49mA @ -12V
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA90470
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device