Make Your Tetrapad Intelligent With The Intellijel Tete Tetrapad Expansion Module
Tete expands our touch surface, Tetrapad. Capture your gestures, save them, play them back with the Tete's looper or step sequencer; modulate your physical input with external CV from your modular; and finally, sync all of your motions with the internal or an external clock. You've never touched anything like it.
Tete is the long-awaited and highly anticipated expander for the Tetrapad. Tete takes control of Tetrapad's mode selection and operating functions, allowing Tetrapad to do what it does best - act as a control surface, which it does both for controlling external modules and for interfacing with the advanced processing power within Tete.
Tete + Tetrapad operates in one of three different modes:
Up to 16 voltage storage locations (grid) with 8 voltages stored at each location. You have the choice to record and playback your recall of these locations in a looper style (just play freely and spend an arbitrary amount of time at any location) or as a clocked sequence (SH-101 style). Additionally, you can traverse the matrix using the X and Y CV inputs to get Cartesian style sequencing. There is also variable slew that allows you to morph/glide between the values.
You can create sequences or loops in chord, scales, or keyboard mode. The isomorphic keyboard grid can be set to 4, 12, or 16 notes. There are real-time performance looping, transposition, and inversion capabilities via the CV inputs and dedicated loop button. In sequencer mode, each step can be a tie, rest, or gate with size 25/50/75%. Basically we have created a way to very quickly and intuitively make chord sequences that are very musical and easy to manipulate. It is difficult to summarize in words but we will be sure to create some videos to demonstrate how easy and fun this is to play with. It definitely represents something unique in the landscape of Eurorack sequencers.
In this mode, you can loop record your performance on any combination of the following functions: fader, bipolar fader, crossfader, euclidean sequencer, toggle switches, or LFO. Kind of like Elektron style parameter locking but all of the motions are recorded continuously instead of just in slices. Instantly turn a simple patch into a highly animated and complex beast. The chosen function determines the type of signal (CV, note, trigger, gate, etc.) sent from each of Tetrapad's eight independent outputs, while its multitude of multi-colored LEDs keep you informed of exactly what's happening within each mode.
- Step-recording (Sequencing) Tetrapad performances of up to 256 steps.
- Real-time recording (Looping) of Tetrapad performances. Although technically limited only by the size of the microSD card, Tete's interface is optimized for dealing with recordings around 5 minutes in length.
- Loopy performance mode in both the Looper and Sequencer, for repetitive stutter effects or even granular-level CV looping.
- Smart overdub with touch detection and a toggle to overdub no touch to your loop recordings.
- Dedicated transport controls to control (or follow) the rest of your modular.
- Three additional user-assignable CV outputs. For example, a CV output assigned to Position generates a continuous ramp that represents the position in the loop or sequence. This can be used with devices like the Planar 2 in Interpolation mode to sync the recorded patterns together no matter what tempo.
- External voltage control of Tete/Tetrapad with three user-assignable CV inputs (each with dedicated attenuversion), two user-assignable gate/trig inputs, and a dedicated clock input.
- Clockable either internally or to an external clock, with full clock division and multiplication capability.
- Visual representation of Tetrapad functions
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details