*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get Balanced Extended Range With The Jackson X Series Soloist Arch Top SLATX8Q MS 8-String Guitar In Transparent Black Burst
Shred in ergonomic comfort and style with the Jackson® X Series Soloist™ Arch Top SLATX8Q MS. A high-performance evolution of the electric guitar, this 8-string multi-scale model unlocks the possibilities of an instrument by accommodating two scale lengths on one fingerboard, thus improving overall playing comfort, tension and intonation.
The SLATX8Q MS features a poplar body capped with a rippling arched quilt maple top and a through-body maple neck with scarf joint and graphite-reinforcement rods for maximum neck stability. Designed for both breakneck playing and comfort, the 12"-16" compound radius bound laurel fingerboard features 24 jumbo frets and a Jackson 4x4 AT1 headstock.
Chosen specifically for their complementary sound, a pair of Jackson uncovered 8-string blade humbucking pickups drives this guitar's versatile sound, combining for highly balanced, flexible tone, with plenty of high output for pristine cleans and snarling distortion. Single volume and tone controls shape the pickups' output, which can be further refined with the three-way toggle switch for the precise voice required to bring your musical vision to life. To help improve intonation, the guitar has been equipped with Jackson designed individual bridge saddles, staggered to accommodate for the two scale lengths.
Sinister and deadly, the SLATX8Q is available in a Transparent Black Burst finish with all-black hardware.
- Body: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Shape: Soloist™
- Body Top: Quilt Maple
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Scale Length: 26" - 28" Multi-Scale (660 mm - 711 mm)
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Headstock: Jackson® AT-1 4x4 (4 Over/4 Under)
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss Black
- Neck Material: Maple
- Number of Frets: 24
- Nut Material: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- Position Inlays: Offset Pearloid Dot
- String Nut: Black Plastic
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action Head Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge: Staggered Individual Saddles
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Neck Plate: None
- Pickguard: None
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Strap Buttons: Standard
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.065 Gauges, 8-String)
- Switch Tip: Black
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson® Uncovered 8-String Blade Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Jackson® Uncovered 8-String Blade Humbucking
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Switching (3-Position Toggle):
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.