GetÂ An Excellent Choice For A Wide Variety Of Applications Where A Top Quality High-Output Speaker Is Required - TheÂ JBL Control 28-1 High Output Speaker
The Control 28-1 is a two-way 8â€ speaker with rich sonic character, wide coverage, consistent coverage, versatile mounting, and a contemporary high-design look that fits into a wide range of decors, This makes Control 28-1 an excellent choice for a wide variety of applications, including retail stores, restaurants, health clubs, theme parks, educational facilities, hospitality, music cafes, leisure venues, and anywhere where a top quality high-output indoor/outdoor foreground/background music (and/or paging) speaker is required.
Spanning a complete range of surface-mount (on-wall), in-ceiling and in-wall models, the variety of solutions offered by the Control Contractor Series give you complete mastery of any architectural, aesthetic or system performance requirement. JBL engineers have made the art of science of loudspeaker specification and installation easy to manage. Simply select the JBL Control Contractor loudspeaker appropriate for the architectural, form factor and sonic requirements. The resulting sound system will always deliver on its promise of Performance, Reliability and Value.
- 8" woofer with woven fiberglass cone
- 1" PEI diaphragm tweeter with fluid cooling
- Contemporary, high-design appearance
- Built-in InvisiBall mounting hardware, plus available U-bracket
- Weather resistant enclosure and transducers
- Wide 100Â° x 100Â° coverage
- 120 Watt power handling (240 Watt program) in direct 8Î© setting, plus built-in 60 Watt 70V/100V multi-tap transformer.
- High fidelity sound character with broad frequency response of 45 Hz - 20 kHz.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 45 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB) : 62Hz - 16 kHz
- Power Rating: 240 W Continuous Program (2 hrs) ; 120 W (480W peak), ; Continuous Pink Noise (2 hrs)
- 90 W (360W peak) Continuous Pink Noise (100 hrs)
- Maximum Input Voltage: 27.5 V RMS (2 hrs), 55.0 V peak
- Maximum SPL: 112 dB ave. Continuous Pink Noise (118 dB peak)
- Sensitivity: 91 dB, 1W/1m (ave. 100 Hz - 10 kHz)
- Coverage Angle: 100Â° x 100Â°
- Directivity Factor (Q): 7.3 (averaged 1kHz - 16kHz)
- Directivity Index (DI): 8.3dB (averaged 1kHz - 16kHz)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms (THRU setting)
- Crossover Type: 2nd order low-pass, 1st order high-pass, plus conjugate shaping
- Transformer Taps: 70V: 60W, 30W, 15W, 7.5W; 100V: 60W, 30W, 15W; Insertion Loss: <0.94 dB at any tap setting; Thru Setting: 8Î© nominal
- Recommended: Protective High-Pass: 45 Hz high-pass (24 dB/oct) for 8Î© operation plus 15W and 7.5W taps; 55 Hz for 30W tap; 65 Hz for 60W tap.
- Low Frequency Driver: 200 mm (8 in), woven-fiberglass cone with pure butyl rubber surround with Weather-Edge frame protection, high-temp fiberglass voice coil former, high-temp voice coil wire, optimized cone geometry, linear suspension spider, and FEA optimized motor structure.
- High Frequency Driver: 25 mm (1 in) PEI diaphragm, low-viscosity ferro-magnetic fluid, and lightweight Kapton voice coil former.
- Enclosure Material: High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) with 10% glass fill, painted with highly-UV resistant paint on white (-WH) version for maximum UV fade resistance.
- Grille: Highly zinc-plated, finished in durable TGIC polyester powdercoating. MTC-28WMG-1 (&-WH) available with WeatherMax multi-layer foam and tight-weave mesh vapor barrier backing.
- Installation: InvisiBall wall-mounting system included. Two 6 mm attachment points (on top and bottom) for optional MTC-28WMG-1 (&-WH) U-bracket. Secondary safety attachment loop point on back panel.
- Environmental: IP-44 per IEC529 (IP-55 when installed with the optional MTC-28WMG-1 WeatherMax grille and either MTC-PC2 or MTC-PC3 panel cover.) Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt-spray, temperature & UV. Passes MilStd-202F for salt spray and ASTM G85 for acid-air plus salt spray. Optional MTC-28WMG-1 WeatherMax grille for breaking up driving rain and for especially difficult environments.
- Termination: Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper based, nickel-plated metal screws and washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside 4 mm inside open lugs (#6, #8, or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG / 2.5 mm2). Optional MTC-PC2 and MTC-PC3 protective panel covers available to provide sealed entrance for additional weather protection.
- Agency Rating: ROHS-compliant; Transformer UL Recognized per UL1876
- Colors: Black (RAL9004) or white (-WH, RAL9016)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 386 x 282 x 219 mm (15.2 x 11.1 x 8.6 in); 277 mm (10.9 in) deep total when mounted on InvisiBall wall-mount bracket.
Manufacturer: JBL Professional
Model: CONTROL 28-1
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA82170