Wield Expansive Tonality With The Ken Smith BSR5M 5-String Electric Bass With Solid Swamp Ash with Walnut Core
This bass has the NEW re-designed Smith B.M.T. 3 Band Eq 9-Volt Circuit (Made in the U.S.A.) with world famous Smith Custom Bass Humbucking Pickups and Fully Shielded Pickup & Control Cavities. It is has a 34 inch scale neck with Graphite inlaid bars that is precision handcarved and fit to exacting specifications. There is a matching wood headstock overlay on this model along with an individually hand-fit scalloped brass nut. The bridge itself is machined from solid brass. The Classic Hand Rubbed Dutch Varnish over Stradivari Gold Oil finish on it is reserved exclusively for use on Ken Smith M and MS Models.
All Smith Basses come with Smith Hardshell Case, Smith Genuine Leather Strap with Sheepskin Shoulder Pad with Dunlop Straploks Installed (Dual Design, Flush Mount on Neck-Thru Models Only), Smith Classic Wax or Smith Pro Formula Polish, Smith Lint-Free Polish Cloth, Wrench Kit for Adjustments, and Original Warranty.
Starting in 1978, Ken Smith has developed or introduced so many of the innovations used on today’s basses which are now industry standards. Some of these include Printed Circuit Board Electronics, Graphite Inlaid Neck, Detented Balance and EQ controls, Low ‘B’ Design .128 and .130, and Taper Core Bass Strings. Ken Smith hand selects the wood for every bass from his in-house lumberyard, which features over 20 species of aged tonewoods, and is probably the largest single collection and variety of acclimated musical-grade woods in the world. Admiring of the techniques of 16th – 19th Century European stringed instrument makers,Ken Smith Basses has married together both Old World Tradition with Modern Innovation. Ken Smith himself still supervises the production of each bass and himself does the final set-up.
- Body Wings: Solid Swamp Ash With Walnut Core
- Neck: Aged Hardrock Maple Bolt-on, with Wood Headstock Overlay.
- Fingerboard: Quartersawn Morado/PauFerro with Mother Of Pearl Side Dots; Optional Mother of Pearl Top Dots are included
- String Spacing: Nut: 9mm (23/64") Bridge: 18mm (23/32")
- Fingerboard Width: Nut: 1 3/4" 24th Fret: 3"
- Finish: Classic Hand Rubbed Dutch Varnish over Stradivari Gold Oil
- Hardware: Chrome Smith Hardware with Smith Dunlop “Dual Design” Straploks
- Electronics: NEW re-designed Smith B.M.T. 3 Band EQ 9-Volt Circuit with Smith Custom Bass Humbucking Pickups.
Manufacturer: Ken Smith Basses
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details