*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Quality You Can Depend On - The Korg GA-40 Compact Guitar and Bass Tuner
Compact, accurate and up-to-date, the Korg GA-40 Guitar Tuner is a popular choice. Accommodating modern seven-string guitars, six-string basses and Quinta Flat (five step) lowered tunings, the Korg GA-40 Guitar Tuner packs basic features and convenient tuning functions into a compact body. An integrated stand allows for easy viewing. Powered by 2 x AAA batteries.
DEDICATED GUITAR AND BASS TUNER WITH LARGE LCD FOR EASY VIEWING
The GA-40 is a dedicated, easy-to-operate guitar/bass tuner with automatic pitch detection. In Guitar mode it supports seven-string guitars (7B through 1E), and in Bass mode it supports six-string basses (Low-B and Hi-C). With the precision you expect from KORG, the GA-40 indicates the pitch quickly and accurately. The LCD needle-style display provides both the accuracy of an LCD as well as the easy viewing of a needle indicator, and the display has been enlarged for even better visibility. You can also use the built-in high-sensitivity microphone to tune an acoustic guitar.
SOUND OUT FUNCTION PRODUCES A REFERENCE TONE FROM THE INTERNAL SPEAKER
In addition to letting you tune visually using the meter, the GA-40 provides a Sound Out function that plays a reference tone through the internal speaker, letting you tune by ear. Each time you press the Sound switch, the tone will cycle through 7Bâ†’6Eâ†’5Aâ†’4Dâ†’3Gâ†’2Bâ†’1E in Guitar mode, or through LBâ†’4Eâ†’3Aâ†’2Dâ†’1Gâ†’HC in Bass mode.
QUINTA FLAT TUNING MODE
To support the dropped tunings used in heavy metal styles to produce a powerfully massive sound, the GA-40 provides a Quinta Flat Tuning mode that lets you detect dropped tunings of one through five semitones. This lets you tune super-long scale guitars that extend below the pitch range of conventional guitars.
CONVENIENTLY THIN AND COMPACT
The GA-40 gives you convenient guitar and bass tuning functionality in a pocket-sized package, making it easy to tune whether you're on stage or in the studio. An output jack (bypass) has been added, making it easy to check the tuning even while you're performing. The stand on the back lets you place the tuner on any surface.
AUTO POWER OFF FUNCTION
The Auto Power Off function automatically turns the power off after the unit has been left on for twenty minutes, preventing the batteries from running down needlessly.
APPROXIMATELY 85 HOURS OF CONTINUOUS USE
The GA-40 is designed for long battery life, and allows approximately 85 hours of continuous use (continuous A4 input, Meter mode, zinc-carbon batteries).
- Versatile Tuner supports 6-string basses; 7-string guitars; and Quinta Flat lowered tunings
- Easy-to-read LCD meter with analog-style needle display
- LED Sharp/Flat indicators
- Built-in mic
- Sound Out mode provides audio reference tone
- Guitar style input and output Calibration Settings (410 Hz - 480 Hz) are conveniently saved - even with the power off
- Auto Power Off prolongs battery life - up to 85 hours from 2 x AAA Batteries
- Scale: 12-note equal temperament
- Detection Range: [GUITAR]B1 bbbbb (46.249 Hz) â€“ B6 (1975.54 Hz), [BASS]B0 bbbbb (23.12 Hz) â€“ B5 (987.77 Hz)
- Reference Tone: [GUITAR]7Bâ†’6Eâ†’5Aâ†’4Dâ†’3Gâ†’2Bâ†’1E; [BASS]LB(Low B) â†’4Eâ†’3Aâ†’2Dâ†’1Gâ†’HC(High C)
- Tuning Modes: Meter mode (AUTO), Sound Out mode (MANUAL)
- Flat Tuning: Semitone steps of 1 semitone (b) 5semitones (bbbbb)
- Detection Accuracy: Â±1 cents or better
- Tone Accuracy: Â±1.5 cents or better
- Connectors: INPUT jack (1/4â€ monaural phone jack), OUTPUT jack (1/4â€ monaural phone jack)
- Speaker: Dynamic speaker (28 mm diameter)
- Power Supply: Two AAA batteries (3V)
- Battery Life: Approximately 85 hours (Meter mode, continuous A4 input, zinc-carbon batteries)
- Accessories: Two AAA batteries for verifying operation
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.