Get Spectacular Results With The Korg KRONOS6 61 Key Music Workstation
When ambition, imagination, and technology converge-the results are spectacular. Witness KRONOS. Created by KORG to satisfy today's most demanding, accomplished performers and producers-as well as tomorrow's visionary leaders-Korg KRONOS embodies over 50 years of artistic vision and production expertise. With nine distinct synthesis engines and a complete suite of performance and productions tools,Korg KRONOS is simply the most versatile synthesizer ever made.
Korg KRONOS restores the magic, the thrill, and the promise that only a visionary new instrument can provide. And Korg KRONOS delivers on that promise. Every resources and technology of service to the modern musician has been refined, perfected, and integrated into a single instrument, and is available on demand. Multiple state-of-the-art sound generation techniques represent the pinnacle of software realization. Onboard effects open the door to processing any internal or external audio source with dazzling results. Multitrack audio and MIDI recording deliver efficient studio operations in a mobile platform. Hands-on hardware includes an assignable control surface, dual joysticks, ribbon controller, top-of-the line keyboard action, and KORG's revolutionary tap-and-drag color TouchView display. Best of all, Korg KRONOS integrates all of these music-making resources into a single instrument in ways that no software setup or hardware platform can rival.
Korg KRONOS easily delivers everything you'd expect, plus many things you've only dreamed of. Set List mode keeps all of your custom settings and performance notes organized in the display for on-the-fly selection. Smooth Sound Transitions eliminate note and effect dropouts when switching sounds or modes. Connect virtual patch cables, select sounds, plus edit envelopes and sequences-all using the eight-inch color TouchView display. Add to that advanced sequencing, KARMA, and Drum Track composition tools. Enjoy exclusive KORG wave sequencing, MS-20 filtering and the impossibly-rich Polysix chorus. And only KORG boasts the finest sound-design team on the planet, so you can always sound your very best.
Nine Distinct Sound Engines
Each of the individual KRONOS sound engines is eminently qualified to operate as a stand-alone synthesizer. And each one represents the cutting-edge technology available for that type of sound creation. Exacting programming parameters, real-time controllers, integrated effects, and assignable modulation routings provide incredible control for the creating custom edits or for the ambitious sound designer
Enhanced SGX-2 Grand Piano Sound Engine
The KRONOS piano engine has always offered huge collections of non-looped/natural decay stereo samples, recorded for every key, with additional unique tools to customize the piano to your needs. Inheriting all of this SGX-1 functionality, the new enhanced SGX-2 Grand Piano engine introduces the new Berlin Grand piano to the existing deep German Grand and lively Japanese Grand. The Berlin Grand offers resonant piano sound with a striking sense of depth.
Other enhancements to the SGX-2 engine included Sympathetic String Resonance and newly-recorded Una Corda (soft pedal - literally "one-string") samples.
Massive Sound Selection
KRONOS comes equipped with thousands of sounds, created using various synthesis modes and calling upon over approximately 21 GB of preset waveform data covering a variety of genres. Each one has been carefully crafted by the KORG Sound Design team. The internal SSD offers a generous 62*GB capacity, providing enormous space for user sampling or downloading KRONOS Sound Libraries.
- Nine Distinct Sound Engines
- Enhanced SGX-2 Grand Piano Sound Engine
- Massive Sound Selection
- Innovative Set List Mode
- Color TouchView Display—Now with Touch-Drag Capability
- 16-Track MIDI Sequencer / 16-Track Audio Recorder
- 16 Onboard Effect Processors
- USB/MIDI Host Ports Accommodate MIDI Control Surfaces
- Natural Touch Semi-Weighted Action Keys
- System: KRONOS System Version 3.0
- 88 key: RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- 73 key: RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- 61 key: Natural Touch Semi Weighted
- SGX-2: Premium Piano (Acoustic Piano)
- EP-1: MDS Electric Piano (Electric Piano)
- HD-1: High Definition Synthesizer (PCM)
- AL-1: Analog Synthesizer (Analog Modeling)
- CX-3: Tonewheel Organ (Tonewheel Organ Modeling)
- STR-1: Plucked Strings (Physical Modeling)
- MOD-7: Waveshaping VPM Synthesizer (VPM Synthesis)
- MS-20EX: Component Modeling Technology (Analog Modeling)
- PolysixEX: Component Modeling Technology (CMT Analog Modeling)
- SGX-2: 100 voices*3
- EP-1: 104 voices
- HD-1: 140 voices
- AL-1: 80 voices
- CX-3: 200 voices
- STR-1: 40 voices
- MOD-7: 52 voices
- MS-20EX: 40 voices
- PolysixEX: 180 voices
- *1: In rare cases, when a large number of processor-intensive effects are active simultaneously (for instance, more than 14 O-Verbs), polyphony may be slightly reduced.
- *2: A portion of the multicore processor in KRONOS is devoted to generating voices, and a separate portion is devoted to generating effects. KRONOS dynamically allocates the voice processing power between the engines as necessary. The quoted maximum numbers of voices apply when 100% of the voice processing power is devoted to a single engine.
- *3: 100 dual-stereo notes (equivalent to 400 mono voices)
- 314 MB (ROM 1,505 Multisamples, 1,388 Drumsamples)
- EXs1 - ROM Expansion
- EXs2 - Concert Grand Piano
- EXs3 - Brass and Woodwinds
- EXs4 - Vintage Keyboards
- EXs5 - ROM Expansion 2
- EXs6 - SGX-1 German D Piano
- EXs7 - SGX-1 Japanese C Piano
- EXs8 - Rock Ambience Drums
- EXs9 - Jazz Ambience Drums
- EXs17 – SGX-2 Berlin D Piano
- EXs18 – KORG EXs Collections
- Approx. 2GB *4
- *4: The memory available for Sampling Mode will change based on the use of Expansion PCM libraries and User Sample Banks. Approx. 760 MB is available when shipped from the factory (When loading the file named “PRELOAD.KSC”).
- 598 User memory, 187 Preload
- Support for stereo multisamples, synchronization of individual notes, and tempo-based settings.
Maximum Polyphony *1 *2
Build-In Expansion PCM Libraries
PCM RAM Capacity
- Virtual Memory Technology (VMT) plays large samples directly from the internal SSD
- Full key stereo sampling, Chromatically sampled at up to 12 velocity levels, no looping.
- Damper resonance and mechanical noise are reproduced.
- Modeled String Resonance.
- Una Corda sample support
- EXs6: SGX-1 German D Piano
- EXs7: SGX-1 Japanese C Piano
- EXs12: SGX-1 Austrian D Piano (Option Sound libraries)
- 8 velocity levels, no Una Corda samples
- EXs17: Berlin D Piano
- 12 velocity levels, includes Una Corda samples
- 64 (With the factory settings, the 16 varieties of EXs12 SGX-1 Austrian D Piano do not produce sound. The EXs12 option must be downloaded.)
- Damper Resonance
- Damper Noise
- Mechanical Noise
- Note Release
- String Resonance
- Una Corda
MDS Electric Piano
Manufacturer: Korg USA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details