*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Don't Sacrifice Power For Flexibility With The Korg KROSS261MB KROSS 2 Performance Synth/Workstation Keyboard
KROSS 2, the long-awaited successor of the KROSS, is a compact, portable workstation with a huge range of sounds. While maintaining its identity as ultra-lightweight, compact, and capable of running on batteries, this new model dramatically enhances KROSS's sounds and functionality. In addition to a total of more than a thousand preset sounds, expansion PCM memory has been newly added. Also new is a pad sampler that allows full-fledged sampling, and USB audio/MIDI interface functionality. The color scheme is even more stylish, and the user interface allows intuitive operation even by beginners.
Effortlessly select the sound that you want to play, shape it to match your imagination, sample a sound, create phrases and rhythms, record your vocal or guitar, bring KROSS 2 on stage, and perform. Whatever you artistic vision, you can make it happen. KROSS 2 is a versatile synthesizer platform made with creative freedom in mind.
A Rich Variety Of More Than 1,000 Preset Sounds
The sound quality of KORG synthesizers is endorsed by top-ranking musicians around the world. The evolved KROSS 2 expands polyphony from 80 to 120 voices, and dramatically powers-up the number of internal programs from 809 to 1,075 programs. Including multi-layered pianos and electric pianos, thick strings and other new sounds that will work well with any band, as well as the latest drum kits to cover current styles such as EDM. The wide selection of programs covers your needs from live performance to studio production.
Built-In Expansion PCM Memory, and Support For Optional Libraries
The KROSS 2 now provides 128 MB of built-in expansion PCM memory. By selecting from optional libraries that will be released following KROSS 2, you can expand KROSS 2's internal sounds to meet the needs of your performing style or situation.
The Rich Expressive Power Of The EDS-I Sound Engine, With A Full Complement Of Effect
The high-quality EDS-I Enhanced Definition Synthesis-integrated sound engine is inherited from Korg's professional synthesizers. You can use a total of seven effects units simultaneously: five insert and two master. Rich expressive power is available from the selection of 134 high-quality effects, including standard effects such as delay and reverb as well as amp modeling, vintage effect units, and even a vocoder.
Superb Sampling Function And A Pad Sampler
As a first in its class, the KROSS 2 is newly equipped with a unique sampling function that provides 16 playable pads. You can record the input from the LINE IN jack and assign a stereo sample of up to 14 seconds to each pad. Up to four pads can be triggered simultaneously. You can edit the sample waveform using functions such as start/end loop point settings and normalize, and even resample within the KROSS 2, allowing you to perform extensive sampling without requiring any additional equipment. Long audio files from an SD card can also be assigned to these pads.
Straightforward Access To The Sounds And Functions You Need
It's easy to get around on KROSS 2, thanks to a user-friendly layout. The panel of the KROSS 2 has been further improved since the first KROSS, ensuring that anyone can quickly access desired sounds and functions from the enormous range of choices.
Realtime control section: The new realtime control section lets you directly control KROSS 2's main parameters without having to navigate through a menu hierarchy. In addition to realtime control of the sounds and effects, and simple editing of programs, you can use the knobs to easily control the vocoder settings or adjust the tempo of the arpeggiator and sequencer.
- Overall increased sound capabilities including 128MB of PCM expansion (libraries TBD)
- USB Audio and MIDI
- Complete user sampling with editing
- 16 multi-function trigger pads can play back samples, recorded audio and MIDI
- Intuitive interface for fast sound selection, recording, and editing
- Complete 16-track multi-timbral
- Kross2 88 combines weighted action with portability thanks to NH4 key bed
- Battery powered option (6xAA)
- 61 keys (velocity sensitive; aftertouch not supported)
- Normally C2 - C7(adjustable in the range [C1...C6] - [C3...C8]
- EDS-I Enhanced Definition Synthesis - integrated
- Maximum Polyphony: 120 voices (120 oscillators), single mode, 60 voices (60 oscillators), single mode
Preset PCM Memory
- Approximately 128 MB (calculated as 48 kHz / 16-bit linear PCM data equivalent)
- 496 multisamples (including seven stereo), 1014 drumsamples (including 49 stereo)
Expansion PCM Memory
- Approximately 128MB (*when converted to 48 kHz 16-bit linear PCM
- Oscillator: OSC1 (Single), OSC1+2 (Double): Stereo multisamples are supported 4 velocity zones per oscillator, with switching, crossfades and layers.
- Filters: Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB)
- Two multi-mode filters per voice (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)
- Modulation: For each voice, two envelope generators (Filter and Amp), two LFOs, two key tracking generators (Filter and Amp), and two AMS mixers. In addition, pitch EG, common LFO, and two common key tracking generators
- Timbres: Up to 16 timbres, switchable via key zone or velocity zone, layer and crossfade supported, Tone Adjust function allows program settings to be offset
- Master Keyboard functionality: These allow you to control external MIDI devices
- Stereo and mono drumsamples. 4-way velocity switches with crossfades and adjustable crossfade shapes (Linear, Power, Layer)
- The Number of Combinations/Programs/Drum Kits
- User Combinations: 896 Combinations (384 Preload)
- User Programs: 1280 Programs (768 Preload)
- User Drum Kits 58 Drum Kits (42 Preload)
- Preset Programs 265 Programs (256 GM2 Programs + 9 GM2 Drum Programs)
- Number of memories: 128 (16 favorites x 8 banks)
- Insert effects: 5 Insert Effects In-line processing; stereo in - stereo out
- Master effects: 2 Master Effects Two effects sends; stereo in - stereo out
- Effects types: Total of 134 types (select from 74 types for insert effects, 101 types of master effect 1, and 120 types for master effect 2)
- Modulation: Dynamic Modulation
- Effects Control Bus: Stereo side-chaining for limiter, gates, vocoders, etc.
- Program mode: one arpeggiator
- Combination mode: two arpeggiators
- Sequencer modes: two arpeggiators
- Preset arpeggio patterns: UP, DOWN, ALT1, ALT2, RANDOM
- User arpeggio patterns: Number of arpeggio patterns: 1280 (1024 preload), Number of tones: 12 tones, Number of steps: up to 64 steps
- Program Mode
- Combination Mode
- Sequencer Mode: One Unit, Number of Tones: 12 tones + 1 accent tone, Number of steps: up to 64 steps
- 772 preset patterns (Held in common with sequencer patterns)
- Other: Trigger Mode / Sync / Zone settings can be specified
- Tracks: 16 MIDI Tracks
- Number of Songs: Up to 128 songs
- Resolution: 1/480
- Tempo: 40.00 - 300.00 (1/100 BPM resolution)
- Maximum Memory: Up to 210,000 MIDI events
- Counter: Measure/Beat/Tick
- Template Song: 16 preset/16 user template songs
- Preset Patterns: 772 patterns (shared with Drum Track patterns)
- Format: KORG (KROSS) format, SMF format 0 and 1
- Details: 16 pads x 8 banks, Automatically saved on the SD card, and automatically loaded, Up to four pads can play simultaneously
- Recording format: PCM audio format 48kHz/16bit
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.