Don't Sacrifice Power For Flexibility With TheÂ Korg KROSS288 KROSS 2 Performance Synthesizer / Workstation Keyboard
KROSS 2, the long-awaited successor of the KROSS, is a compact, portable workstation with a huge range of sounds. While maintaining its identity as ultra-lightweight, compact, and capable of running on batteries, this new model dramatically enhances KROSSâ€™s sounds and functionality. In addition to a total of more than a thousand preset sounds, expansion PCM memory has been newly added. Also new is a pad sampler that allows full-fledged sampling, and USB audio/MIDI interface functionality. The color scheme is even more stylish, and the user interface allows intuitive operation even by beginners.
BUILT-IN EXPANSION PCM MEMORY, AND SUPPORT FOR OPTIONAL LIBRARIES
The KROSS 2 now provides 128 MB of built-in expansion PCM memory. By selecting from optional libraries that will be released following KROSS 2, you can expand KROSS 2â€™s internal sounds to meet the needs of your performing style or situation.
SUPERB SAMPLING FUNCTION AND A PAD SAMPLER
As a first in its class, the KROSS 2 is newly equipped with a unique sampling function that provides 16 playable pads. You can record the input from the LINE IN jack and assign a stereo sample of up to 14 seconds to each pad. Up to four pads can be triggered simultaneously. You can edit the sample waveform using functions such as start/end loop point settings and normalize, and even resample within the KROSS 2, allowing you to perform extensive sampling without requiring any additional equipment. Â Long audio files from an SD card can also be assigned to these pads.
STRAIGHTFORWARD ACCESS TO THE SOUNDS AND FUNCTIONS YOU NEED
It's easy to get around on KROSS 2, thanks to a user-friendly layout. The panel of the KROSS 2 has been further improved since the first KROSS, ensuring that anyone can quickly access desired sounds and functions from the enormous range of choices.
THE ULTIMATE BODY FINISH THAT EXCEEDS ITS CLASSÂ
The evolved KROSS 2 also features high quality in its body finish. First, the 88-key model uses a stylish and cool â€œdark blueâ€ color. The 61-key model uses a â€œsuper matte blackâ€ color with a high-quality rubberized finish that is durable and feels great to the touch. Lavish use of this sophisticated rubberized finish gives the instrument a highly professional appearance. The 61-key model is additionally available in a limited-edition â€œred marbledâ€ color. The special marbled red finish is unique and different on each KROSS 2 unit.
AUDIO PLAYER/RECORDER THAT YOU CAN EASILY TRIGGER FROM THE PADS
The built-in stereo audio recorder lets you record your KROSS 2 performance, or overdub an external input source such as vocals. There's also a pad audio play function that allows recorded sounds or audio files imported from an external source to be assigned to each of the 16 pads for playback. Unlike the sampling function, this allows extended recording and playback that is limited only by the capacity of the SD card; you can strike a pad to play back the backing of an entire song while you perform on the keyboard, or use the pads to trigger sound effects or background music.
MIC CONNECTION FOR THE SINGER-INSTRUMENTALIST OR FOR VOCODER PERFORMANCE, WITH NO OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED
The 1/4" phone MIC IN jack lets you connect a mic directly, so there's no need for a singer-instrumentalist to provide a separate mixer when performing live. A vocoder function is also built-in, and you can easily perform vocoder sounds with rapid access via the realtime control section. Also provided is a LINE INPUT stereo mini-jack that's convenient for connecting your audio player or for sampling.
- Overall increased sound capabilities including 128MB of PCM expansion (libraries TBD)
- USB Audio and MIDI!
- Complete user sampling with editing
- 16 multi-function trigger pads can play back samples, recorded audio and MIDI
- Intuitive interface for fast sound selection, recording, and editing
- Complete 16-track multi-timbral
- Kross2 88 combines weighted action with portability thanks to NH4 key bed
- Battery powered option (6xAA)
- 88 keys (velocity sensitive; aftertouch not supported)
- EDS-I Enhanced Definition Synthesis - integrated
- Maximum Polyphony: 120 voices (120 oscillators), single mode, 60 voices (60 oscillators), single mode
Preset PCM Memory
- Approximately 128 MB (calculated as 48 kHz / 16-bit linear PCM data equivalent)
- 496 multisamples (including seven stereo), 1014 drumsamples (including 49 stereo)
Expansion PCM Memory
- Approximately 128MB (*when converted to 48 kHz 16-bit linear PCM
- Oscillator: OSC1 (Single), OSC1+2 (Double): Stereo multisamples are supported 4 velocity zones per oscillator, with switching, crossfades and layers.
- Filters: Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB)
- Two multi-mode filters per voice (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)
- Modulation: For each voice, two envelope generators (Filter & Amp), two LFOs, two key trackinggenerators (Filter & Amp), and two AMS mixers. In addition, pitch EG, common LFO, and two common key tracking generators
- Timbres: Up to 16 timbres, switchable via key zone or velocity zone, layer and crossfade supported, Tone Adjust function allows program settings to be offset
- Master Keyboard functionality: These allow you to control external MIDI devices
- Stereo and mono drumsamples. 4-way velocity switches with crossfades and adjustable crossfade shapes (Linear, Power, Layer).
- The Number of Combinations/Programs/Drum Kits
- User Combinations: 896 Combinations (384 Preload)
- User Programs: 1280 Programs (768 Preload)
- User Drum Kits 58 Drum Kits (42 Preload)
- Preset Programs 265 Programs (256 GM2 Programs + 9 GM2 Drum Programs)
- Number of memories: 128 (16 favorites Ã— 8 banks)
- Insert effects: 5 Insert Effects In-line processing; stereo in - stereo out.
- Master effects: 2 Master Effects Two effects sends; stereo in - stereo out.
- Effects types: Total of 134 types (select from 74 types for insert effects, 101 types of master effect 1, and 120 types for master effect 2)
- Modulation: Dynamic Modulation
- Effects Control Bus: Stereo side-chaining for limiter, gates, vocoders, etc.
- Program mode: one arpeggiator
- Combination mode: two arpeggiators
- Sequencer modes: two arpeggiators
- Preset arpeggio patterns: UP, DOWN, ALT1, ALT2, RANDOM
- User arpeggio patterns: Number of arpeggio patterns: 1280 (1024 preload), Number of tones: 12 tones, Number of steps: up to 64 steps
- Program Mode
- Combination Mode
- Sequencer Mode: One Unit, Number of Tones: 12 tones + 1 accent tone, Number of steps: up to 64 steps
- 772 preset patterns (Held in common with sequencer patterns.)
- Other: Trigger Mode / Sync / Zone settings can be specified
- Tracks: 16MIDI Tracks
- Number of Songs: Up to 128 songs
- Resolution: 1/480
- Tempo: 40.00 â”€ 300.00 (1/100 BPM resolusion)
- Maximum Memory: Up to 210,000 MIDI events
- Counter: Measure/Beat/Tick
- Template Song: 16 preset/16 user template songs
- Preset Patterns: 772 patterns (shared with Drum Track patterns)
- Format: KORG (KROSS) format, SMF format 0 and 1
- Specifications:16 pads Ã— 8 banks, Automatically saved on the SD card, and automatically loaded, Up to four pads can play simultaneously
- Recording format: PCM audio format 48 kHz/16-bit
- Recording time: Up to appro
Manufacturer: Korg USA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA85120