*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get The Standard In Compact Metronomes, Available In Your Choice Of Colors - The Korg MA-1 Visual Beat Counting Metronome - Red
The MA-1 is a compact metronome that solidly covers all the basics with a broad tempo range and a rich variety of beats and rhythm patterns. The MA-1 also shows the beat in an innovative way that makes practicing easier. The MA-1 is available in your choice of two-tone color schemes: blue and black, or black and red. With stylish design and reliable functionality, this is an indispensible rhythm training aide for any musician.
NEW EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND BEAT INDICATION
The number of triangular icons in the display indicates the specified beat. On each beat, the icon color changes from left to right, indicating the current beat of the measure in a way that's intuitively clear. This provides visual cues as to when measures will change â€“ a helpful advance over metronomes that provide only an audible indication.
VERSATILE TEMPO & RHYTHM FEATURES
The tempo can be set using one of three methods: increase or decrease the tempo using the standard increments familiar from a mechanical metronome (pendulum steps); increase or decrease the tempo in single-step increments over the full range of 30-252 (full steps), or use the Tap Tempo function to enter the tempo by pressing the switch in time with the music.
Practice a wide variety of songs by specifying any beat count from 1 to 9, and choose any one of the eight rhythm types: quarter notes, eighth notes, triplets (straight triplets, triplets with inner beat omitted, triplets with the third beat omitted), and sixteenth notes (quadruplets, quadruplets with middle beats omitted, quadruplets with the third and fourth beats omitted).
DOUBLES AS A CHROMATIC TUNER!
Sound Out mode produces a reference pitch (selectable over an octave C4-B4) that you can use when tuning nearly any instrument. The frequency of the A4 reference pitch (calibration) can be adjusted in 1 Hz steps over the broad range of 410 Hz to 480 Hz.
EARPHONE JACK FOR PERSONAL USE
An earphone output is provided for personal use. The earphone volume can be adjusted to suit for any situation; from private practice in your room to group rehearsal in the studio.
MEMORY BACKUP /AUTO POWER-OFF
When you turn off the power, the current tempo, beat, rhythm, calibration, and reference tone settings will be remembered for the next time you use the MA-1. (These settings will be initialized when you replace the batteries.) After 20 minutes of non-use with the power on, the power will automatically turn off to preserve the battery life.
UP TO 290 HOURS OF CONTINUOUS USE
The MA-1 is designed for long battery life, with continuous operation of approximately 70 hours when using zinc-carbon batteries, or approximately 290 hours when using alkaline batteries.
- Multi-function compact metronome. Available in two attractive color schemes: blue and black, or black and red
- Enhanced display makes it easier to practice your rhythm and phrasing
- Choose from two types of tempo steps: pendulum steps or full steps
- Tap Tempo function lets you quickly set the desired tempo
- Beat display offers from 1 to 9 beats, plus 8 rhythm types to practice any style of music
- Tune any instrument using the 12 step (C4 – B4) chromatic reference pitch
- Earphone jack with adjustable volume
- Memory backup function and auto power-off function
- Up to approximately 290 hours of continuous operation
- Tempo Range: 30 to 252/min (BPM)
- Tempo Settings: Pendulum Step, Full Step, Tap Tempo
- Beats/Rhythms: 0–9 beats - Quarter notes, eighth notes, triplets (straight triplets, triplets with inner beat omitted, triplets with the third beat omitted), sixteenth notes (quadruplets, quadruplets with middle beats omitted, quadruplets with the third and fourth beats omitted).
- Tempo Accuracy: +/-0.2 %
- Reference Tone: Twelve-tone equal temperament C4–B4
- Sound Accuracy: +/-1 cent or better
- Calibration: 410Hz–480Hz (1Hz steps)
- Connectors: Headphones jack (stereo mini jack ø3.5mm / 1/8”)
- Speaker: Dynamic speaker (Max. 0.5W, ø23mm)
- Power Supply: Two AAA batteries, 3V (included)
- Battery Life: Approx. 70 hours (when using zinc-carbon batteries),Approx. 290 hours (when using alkaline batteries), (tempo 120, 4 beats, and max volume)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 102 x 59 x 17 mm / 4.02 x 2.32 x 0.67 inches
- Weight: 71g / 2.5 oz. (including batteries)
- Accessories: Two AAA batteries for checking operation
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.