*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get The Studio Monitor That Offers Professional Performance And Accuracy For Recording, Mixing, Mastering And Playback -Â The KRK12SHO 12" High Output Studio Subwoofer
The KRK12sHO powered subwoofer is the perfect High Output choice for professional studios, where ultra-accurate bass extension and maximum sound levels are required. Powered by a massive 400 watt amplifier and a strengthened version of our signature Kevlar woofer, the KRK12sHO is the no-compromise way to hear what is happening in the depths of your mix. Subwoofers allow you to use smaller main monitors, make it possible to monitor the essential low frequency range and can be a great solution for space-challenged control rooms or mixing environments.
While subsonic frequencies are heavily implemented in some musical genres, all studios benefit from the use of a sub to monitor this low frequency content. With the prevalent use of home theater systems, as well as commercial systems in clubs and cinemas - production studios require the capability to identify and correct problems such as unwanted low frequency components, exterior noise, microphone rumble and vibrations. The increase of home and project mastering means many potentially great pieces of music are being poorly represented when played back on a larger system. When dealing with subsonic frequencies if they cannot be heard accurately they cannot be mixed accurately.
Having an incredibly capable subwoofer is critical when it is combined with powerful near-field monitors, such as the ExposÃ© or a VXT8 driven to high sound pressure levels. In a stereo configuration the subwoofer will have to produce the bass that would normally be generated by the monitors -- that alone can exceed the headroom of an ordinary sub. In a surround sound configuration the subwoofer has to reproduce all of the low-frequency information from five or more channels as well as the demanding bass content of the LFE channel. These challenging applications can place demands far exceeding the capabilities of normal low frequency drivers and power amplifiers. This is where the performance of the KRK12sHO shines.
- Curved Baffle Curved front plate design virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Front-firing Port provides low frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling and the unique shape is optimized to avoid port turbulence
- Bypass Footswitch Control allows you to defeat the sub and provide full range audio to your recording monitors for use with a standard latching 1/4 inch mono footswitch
- Kevlar 12" Driver - High Excursion woven Kevlar driver cone
- Thermal and Overload / Clip Protection to prevent damage
- Input Sensitivity on rear of unit allows a high resolution gain range, labeled are positions for MUTE, +6dBu and -8dBu
- Configuration:Front loaded, vented subwoofer
- System type:Active Subwoofer
- Low-Frequency:12" woven Kevlar High Performance woofer
- Max Peak SPL: 123 dB
- Amplifier Class: Class A-B
- Power Output: 400 Watts Continuous @ 1% THD+N @ 100Hz
- SNR (signal to Noise Ratio): 92dB
- Amplifier Distortion (THD+N): Less than or equalto 0.1% @-3dB of Max Power Output 20Hz - 200Hz
- Input Impedance (Ohms): 10 kÎ© Balanced or unbalanced
- Ground Lift: On / Off
- Low Pass Frequency: 60Hz to 160Hz
- HPF bypass: with footswitch only
- Footswitch: Included
- Phase: Rotatable Phase + Polarity Switch
- System Volume: -30dB to +6dB
- Indicators: Power, protection, limiter
- AC Power Input: Selectable 110V-120V / 220V-240V
- Enclosure Construction: 18mm and 36mm reinforced MDF
- Finish: Textured Paint
- Port Configuration: Front Firing Quad Concentric Slot Ports
- Finish: Textured Paint
- Grille: N/A
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 20" (508 mm) x 20" (508 mm) x 22.48" (571mm)
- Weight: 109.7 Lbs. (49.7 Kg.)
- 29.2Hz - 60Hz - 160Hz (L/R inputs), 29.1Hz - 211Hz (LFE input)
- Balanced XLR for Left and Right Inputs
- LFE input: Balanced XLR
- Stereo Balanced XLR for left and right, full range with foot switch engaged, 80Hz HP without foot switch engaged.
ACCESSORIES SHIPPED WITH PRODUCT
- Footswitch for bypass operation, with remote indication of bypass (clip and limit TBD)
- Cable for footswitch (5m)
- Feet - Rubber and Spikes
- User Guide / Warranty
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.