*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get Amazing Acoustic, Electric, And Synthesizer Sounds, With Advanced Programming Features - The Kurzweil PC3A7 76-Key Performance Controller
Your new instrument offers amazing acoustic, electric, and synthesizer sounds, combined with advanced programming features that will let you create almost any sound you can imagine. This manual covers the PC3A in its 88, 76, and 61-note configurations (PC3A8, PC3A7, and PC3A6.) For the most part, anywhere we talk about the PC3A in this manual we mean any of these instruments.
In Program Mode, press the Exp 1 Bank button to access KORE64 Programs (IDs 3200-3590), or press the Exp 2 Bank button to access the German D Grand EXP Programs (IDs 3700-3730). By default, program 3700 will be selected when the PC3A is first powered on.
In addition to the great sounds and programming features, the PC3A is fully equipped with performance features you'll use at every gig. For example, there are nine conveniently situated sliders for accurately emulating the drawbars on a tone wheel organ such as a Hammond B3. And the PC3A's 24 dedicated sound select buttons, along with its Quick Access banks will let you instantly choose and change sounds whenever you like.
Advanced program, keymap and sample editing features allow you to customize your sounds further. You're able to map any sample to any key, tune individual samples, change the start, alt start, loop point and end point of samples and even assign a controller to adjust sample start point in real-time.
If you've used other Kurzweil gear, you'll have no trouble getting up and running quickly. Bear in mind, however, that the PC3A's beauties are more than skin-deep; you'll want to read this manual, as well as the materials at the www.kurzweil.com website to take full advantage of your instrument.
- Artis German 9' Grand Piano
- Samples of amazing tone, realism, and expression fuel the V.A.S.T. PC3 sound engine.
- KORE 64 Powered
- Factory Installed! Stunning Synths, Electric Guitars, Horns, Drums and Percussion to expand your sonic pallet.
- KB3 ToneReal Organs
- Modeled after classic Hammond, Vox and Farfisa organs. Featuring all the controls you want and more, including 9 realistic drawbars.
- 1300+ Factory Programs!
- A wealth of sounds from classic to modern. A serious collection starting with the Artis German 9' Grand Piano, PC3 Series Vintage Electric Pianos, Clavinets, Synthesizers, rich and realistic String Sections and Orchestras, Guitars, Percussion and much more.
- Powerful FX Engine
- Hundreds of award-winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more available at your finger tips. Global Master EQ and Multiband Compressor built-in.
- Setup Mode = Control Central
- Layer and split combinations to inspire. Setups give you the tools to take command of your live performances, featuring up to 16 independent zones, effects, controller assignments, triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and 16 arpeggiators!
- 29 Programmable Physical Controllers
- 9 Sliders, 10 Switches, 2 Wheels, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input, 3 Switch Pedal Inputs, 2 Continuous Control Pedal Input. (1 sustain/switch pedal is included).
- Quick Access
- Organize and bookmark your sound catalog as needed. Recall selections with one button press.
- Easy Access Transpose Buttons
- Convenient -/+ controls located right on-screen.
- USB Plug 'n Play
- Saving, loading, OS updates and MIDI functionality are all made easy on the PC3A with both on-board USB Host and Device ports.
- Software Editor
- Get deeper into editing your PC3A Programs, Setups and Effects!
- 76 note semi-weighted-action, with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys. (Fatar TP8)
- 240 x 64 angled, backlit CCFL w/ dedicated back panel brightness and contrast controls.
- 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance.
- 16 parts (one per MIDI channel).
- Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
- VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
Sound ROM Expansion Slots
- Includes KORE 64 and the German D Grand EXP Piano built-in.
- Mac and PC platforms
- 1453 Stunning Factory Presets.
Factory MIDI Setups
- 216 factory programmed MIDI setups - featuring up to 16 independent zones, effects, independent controller assignments, triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and arpeggiator settings.
- Loads from:
- PC3K: All objects except samples.
- PC3LE: All objects.
- K2 Series: The majority of Setups, Programs, and Keymaps (no sample loading; see the manual for details).
- 16,000 locations for user objects.
- Unlimited tracks (on import); 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and a global "set song length" functions are also featured.
- 16 insert effects distributed over 11 busses, two auxiliary sends and two Master Effects (saved with each song and setup); featuring hundreds of our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, Leslie simulators, compressors, and more.
Master FX Section
- User controllable master EQ
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.