Craft and Carve Analog Envelopes With The“é’áMake Noise Contour 4 Stage ADSR Envelope Generator Module
Contour is a 4 Stage function generator, or ADSR, derived from our 0-COAST synthesizer. It is designed to create control voltages to drive the Dynamix, modDemix and other fast VCAs, VCFs, and more. The Contour takes inspiration from the original Loudness Contour circuit of the MiniMoog, which is perhaps the most well-known example of East Coast Synthesis. The simplified control set (where Decay adjust both the decay to Sustain and the Release) makes it quick and intuitive to set-up. The Contour module adds full voltage control, a mirrored output, End of Onset and End of Contour Gate outputs which allow it to be highly integrated into any modular synthesizer regardless of coastal allegiance.
- Analog 4-Stage ADSR envelope generator also operable as 3 or 2-stage function
- Linear or Exponential shapes, and everything in between
- Patch EON OUT to the Gate IN to cycle for LFO function
- Voltage Control over time based parameters
- Mirrored OUT useful for Crossfading patches
- LEDs indicate activity on all outputs
- EON and EOC outputs allow for cascading multiple units and/ or MATHS and Functions
- Pairs well with Dynamix, MATHS, Function
- Gate Input: Gate applied to this input initiates the circuit. The result being a 0V to 8V function, aka Envelope. Range 1.5V or greater with Gate Width determining Sustain Time.
- Onset Panel Control: Sets the time it takes for the Voltage Function to ramp up to maximum level. CW rotation increases Onset Time.
- Onset CV Input: Linear control signal input for the Onset parameter. Positive Control signals increase Onset Time. Negative control signals decrease Onset Time with respect to the Onset Panel Control setting.
- Sustain Panel Control: Sets the Voltage level the function Decays to and holds for the duration the Gate is High. Settings greater than 3:00 put Sustain into overdrive allowing for increasesd 10V maximum level. For 4-Stage ADSR type control signal set CCW of 3:00.
- Decay Panel Control: Sets the time it takes for the Voltage function to ramp down to the Sustain stage and complete the Release stage. CW rotation increases Decay and Release Time.
- Decay CV Input: Linear control signal input for Decay parameter. Positive control signals increase Decay and Release Times. Negative control signals decrease Decay and Release Times with respect to the Decay Panel Control.
- Vari-Response Panel Control: Sets the response curve of the Contour function. Response is continuously variable from Linear to Exponential.
End of Onset (EON) / End of Contour (EOC) LED: Indicates the states of the EON and EOC outputs. When
, EON is Highand EOC is Low. When , EON is Low and EOC is High.
- End of Onset (EON) Output: Gate Output that goes High at the end of the Onset portion of the function. 0V or 10V.
- End of Contour (EOC) Output: Gate Output that goes High at the end of the Contour. 0V or 10V.
- Mirrored LED: Indicates activity at the Mirrored Contour Output.
- Mirrored Contour Output: Upside down/inverted version of the Contour signal. When Contour Output is at maximum, this output is at minimum and vice versa. Buffered, capable of driving a 4-way multiple. Typically 0-8V, but Sustain Overdrive allows it to reach up to 10V pp and thus fall below 0V.
- Contour LED: Indicates activity at the Contour Output.
- Contour Output: CV signal from the Contour circuit. Buffered and capable of accurately driving a 4 way Multiple. Typically, 8V peak to peak, but Sustain Overdrive allows it to reach up to 10V pp.
- Max Depth: 24mm
- 38mA @ +12V
- 17mA @ -12V
Manufacturer: Make Noise
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details