Be Inspired By The Make Noise Echophon Pitch Shifting Echo Module
Pitch Shifting Echo with smooth Time Modulation, Tempo Sync, saturating Feedback and a unique Pitch Shifting algorithm inspired by the Springer Tempophon and lovingly engineered by DSP Guru Tom Erbe of soundhack. "...the most inspiring module of the year." -Electronic Musician.Features
- Shift Pitch of signal +/- 2 Octaves
- Exponential control of delay time -Maximum Time 1.7 Seconds, Minimum Time 7 ms
- Tempo input allows synchronization of Echoes to multiple or division of an external Clock
- Two independent internal digital Feedback paths (Loop 1 and Loop 2)
- External Analog Feedback Path for filtered or processed echoes
- FREEZE button/ gate input allows for hold, stutter, and sampling techniques
- 24 bit ADC/DAC, 32bit processing, 16bit delay storage operating at 40khz
- Vactrol based Mix circuit for smooth blending of dry and wet signals
- All Analog Dry Signal Path
- Voltage Control over ALL parameters
- Pairs well with the Phonogene
- Signal Input: AC coupled, expects standard signal level of 10Vpp signal.
- Level Control for Signal Input: overloads at 3:00 to 5:00.
- Mix CV Input: unipolar control input. Range 0V to +5V.
- Mix Combo Pot: blends between Dry (un-processed) signal & Wet (processed) Signal. With nothing patched to Mix CV Input, works as standard panel control. With Signal Patched to Mix CV Input, works as attenuator for that signal.
- Mix Output: 10Vpp (depending upon Level setting and source material), AC coupled.
- Feedback Input: AC coupled return for external FB loop. Expects standard signal level of 10Vpp.
- Feedback Output: AC coupled, 10Vpp send for external FB loop.
- Temphonic LEDs: indicate mechanics of the pitch-shifting machine.
- Pitch Panel Control: bipolar panel control. At 12:00 no pitch shift, greater than 12:00 shifts pitch Up and less than 12:00 shifts pitch Down. Range is always dependent upon Depth setting.
- Pitch Trim (Calibration Use Only)
- Depth Panel Control: unipolar panel control that sets the index of the pitch shift, ranging from sub-microtonal chorusing to 4 octaves harmonizing.
- Pitch 1 CV Attenuverter: bipolar attenuator for Pitch 1 CV Input.
- Depth CV Attenuator: unipolar attenuator for Depth CV Input.
- Depth CV Input: unipolar control signal input. Range 0V to +5V.
- Pitch 1 CV Input: bipolar control signal input. Range +/- 4V.
- Pitch 2 CV Input: bi-polar control signal input. Range +/- 2V for total of 4 octave range. Set Pitch Panel Control to full CCW for uni-polar control such as analog sequencer, or to 12:00 for bi-polar control signal such as CV Keyboard.
- Echo Time LED: Indicates Tempo of the Echo Clock.
- Echo Clock Output: outputs the Echo Time as 4ms wide clock pulse. 0V-5Vpp
- Echo Time Panel Control: sets time/ length of Echo, from 7ms to 1.7 sec
- Echo Time CV Attenuator: unipolar attenuator for Echo Time CV Input.
- Echo Time CV Input: unipolar control signal input. Range 0V to +8V.
- Tempo Input: allows synchronization of Echoes to multiple or division of an external Clock. While following external Tempo the Echo Time Controls will Multiply or Divide the incoming clock. Requires Clock/Gate signal amplitude of at least 1.5V and width of at least 6ms.
Internal Feedback Loops
- Feedback CV Input: bipolar control signal input. +/- 8V.
- Feedback CV Input Attenuverter: bi-polar attenuator for Feedback CV Input.
- Feedback Panel Control: bipolar panel control that determines the amount and direction of feedback. At 12:00, there is no feedback. Turning CCW from 12:00 to 7:00 sends increasing amounts of feedback to the loop around the Pitch Shifter. Turning from 12:00 to 5:00 sends increasing amounts of feed back to the loop around the Echo.
- Freeze Button: toggles Freeze on/ o. When Freeze is On, all sound in the Echo chamber is held until Freeze is turned Off
- Freeze Gate Input: Freezes on Gate High. 1.5V trigger signal to operate.
- Freeze LED: indicates status of the Echo chamber. Lights when Freeze is activated.
- Max Depth: 30mm
- Power: 70mA@ +12V, 40mA @ -12V
Manufacturer: Make Noise
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA90423