Be Inspired By The Make Noise Echophon Pitch Shifting Echo Module
Pitch Shifting Echo with smooth Time Modulation, Tempo Sync, saturating Feedback and a unique Pitch Shifting algorithm inspired by the Springer Tempophon and lovingly engineered by DSP Guru Tom Erbe of soundhack. "...the most inspiring module of the year." -Electronic Musician.
- Shift Pitch of signal +/- 2 Octaves
- Exponential control of delay time -Maximum Time 1.7 Seconds, Minimum Time 7 ms
- Tempo input allows synchronization of Echoes to multiple or division of an external Clock
- Two independent internal digital Feedback paths (Loop 1 and Loop 2)
- External Analog Feedback Path for filtered or processed echoes
- FREEZE button/ gate input allows for hold, stutter, and sampling techniques
- 24 bit ADC/DAC, 32bit processing, 16bit delay storage operating at 40khz
- Vactrol based Mix circuit for smooth blending of dry and wet signals
- All Analog Dry Signal Path
- Voltage Control over ALL parameters
- Pairs well with the Phonogene
- Signal Input: AC coupled, expects standard signal level of 10Vpp signal.
- Level Control for Signal Input: overloads at 3:00 to 5:00.
- Mix CV Input: unipolar control input. Range 0V to +5V.
- Mix Combo Pot: blends between Dry (un-processed) signal & Wet (processed) Signal. With nothing patched to Mix CV Input, works as standard panel control. With Signal Patched to Mix CV Input, works as attenuator for that signal.
- Mix Output: 10Vpp (depending upon Level setting and source material), AC coupled.
- Feedback Input: AC coupled return for external FB loop. Expects standard signal level of 10Vpp.
- Feedback Output: AC coupled, 10Vpp send for external FB loop.
- Temphonic LEDs: indicate mechanics of the pitch-shifting machine.
- Pitch Panel Control: bipolar panel control. At 12:00 no pitch shift, greater than 12:00 shifts pitch Up and less than 12:00 shifts pitch Down. Range is always dependent upon Depth setting.
- Pitch Trim (Calibration Use Only)
- Depth Panel Control: unipolar panel control that sets the index of the pitch shift, ranging from sub-microtonal chorusing to 4 octaves harmonizing.
- Pitch 1 CV Attenuverter: bipolar attenuator for Pitch 1 CV Input.
- Depth CV Attenuator: unipolar attenuator for Depth CV Input.
- Depth CV Input: unipolar control signal input. Range 0V to +5V.
- Pitch 1 CV Input: bipolar control signal input. Range +/- 4V.
- Pitch 2 CV Input: bi-polar control signal input. Range +/- 2V for total of 4 octave range. Set Pitch Panel Control to full CCW for uni-polar control such as analog sequencer, or to 12:00 for bi-polar control signal such as CV Keyboard.
- Echo Time LED: Indicates Tempo of the Echo Clock.
- Echo Clock Output: outputs the Echo Time as 4ms wide clock pulse. 0V-5Vpp
- Echo Time Panel Control: sets time/ length of Echo, from 7ms to 1.7 sec
- Echo Time CV Attenuator: unipolar attenuator for Echo Time CV Input.
- Echo Time CV Input: unipolar control signal input. Range 0V to +8V.
- Tempo Input: allows synchronization of Echoes to multiple or division of an external Clock. While following external Tempo the Echo Time Controls will Multiply or Divide the incoming clock. Requires Clock/Gate signal amplitude of at least 1.5V and width of at least 6ms.
Internal Feedback Loops
- Feedback CV Input: bipolar control signal input. +/- 8V.
- Feedback CV Input Attenuverter: bi-polar attenuator for Feedback CV Input.
- Feedback Panel Control: bipolar panel control that determines the amount and direction of feedback. At 12:00, there is no feedback. Turning CCW from 12:00 to 7:00 sends increasing amounts of feedback to the loop around the Pitch Shifter. Turning from 12:00 to 5:00 sends increasing amounts of feed back to the loop around the Echo.
- Freeze Button: toggles Freeze on/ o. When Freeze is On, all sound in the Echo chamber is held until Freeze is turned Off
- Freeze Gate Input: Freezes on Gate High. 1.5V trigger signal to operate.
- Freeze LED: indicates status of the Echo chamber. Lights when Freeze is activated.
- Width: 20hp
- Max Depth: 30mm
- 70mA@ +12V, 40mA @ -12V
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.