Get Tone You've Searched For In This Legendary Pre-War Martin Design - The Martin D-18 Authentic 1939 Acoustic Guitar
Here to remind you why you fell in love with us in the first place, the new Authentics are constructed the old way - with hide glue, throughout, and historically-accurate detailing confirmed by using a CAT scan machine located at the Smithsonian Institution.
Martin Authentic 1939 Rearward Shifted X Brace
Promotes deep, natural tone of the 1930-40's era Martin Guitars
Based on a 1939 D-18 in the Martin museum, this Martin D18 guitar features genuine mahogany back and sides, an Adirondack spruce top, and uses an authentic circa 1939 bracing pattern. The period-correct "18" Authentic-style appointments, and the authentic neck barrel and heel promote the deep, natural tone of the 1930-40's era Martin guitars.
- Martin Authentic 1939 Rearward Shifted X Brace
- Solid Ebony Fingerboard
- Solid Mahogany Rosewood Back And Sides
- Old Style 18 Rosette Inlay
- All U.S.A Construction
- Neck Joint: Genuine Mahogany Blocks, Dovetail - Hide Glue Construction
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Old Style 18
- Back Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: Madagascar Rosewood (D28 Pattern)
- Side Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Nut Material: Bone
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Long Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel 4060 w/Butterbean Knobs
- Case: 545V Harptone
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.