OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Brace For A Forward Shift - The Martin D-18 Acoustic Electric Guitar, Now Re-Imagined - Please Play Responsibly
C.F. Martin Guitars made a radical decision to consolidate it's widening spread of offerings - and that decision launched the "re-imagined" D-18 with it's sitka top and mahogany back and sides we can fully enjoy today. This version includes Fishman's new Aura VT Enhance onboard preamp, developed to provide the highest level of studio-miked sound to acoustic instruments.
As C.F. Martin Guitars was being pulled ever more strongly toward new ideas and avenues to explore, they needed to tie off the proliferation of model spin-offs on a successful (granted) historical theme - and decide to leave those build variations outside the normal line to be satisfied as custom builds.
Until 2012, there had been at least 5 different D-18 models being offered side by side. So what Martin decided to do to resolve this issue in a way that satisfies the greatest number of players at once was actually pretty darn radical - in a really good way.
This D-18 combines the very best features of their next 3 higher priced models above the previous standard D-18, including the D18-V (vintage), D-18GE (Golden Era), and even their D-18 Marquis, and to re-imagine them into just one model - plus keep the price down! But never fear, the vintage-specâ€™d D-18 Authentic remains in position to satisfy traditionalists among us.
Otherwise, please do enjoy the new D-18 Standard Model. Responsibly.
- Updated Bridge Design
- Forward-Shifted Scalloped Bracing
- Martin's High Performance Neck Shape
- Aging Toner And Vintage Open-Geared Tuners
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back And Side Finish: Gloss
- Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Side Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Electronics: Fishman Aura VT Enhance Preamp
- Top Color: Aging Toner
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop In Saddle
- Binding: Faux Tortoise
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Old Style 18 Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back And Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 18
- Heelcap: Faux Tortoise
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Old Style 18
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Side Dots: White
- Recommended Strings: SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium (MSP4200)
- Headstock Shape: Solid With Square Taper
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Pleked: Yes
Manufacturer: C. F. Martin & Co.
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA91025
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device