Enjoy Playing The Martin DXK2AE Dreadnought Acoustic Electric Guitar - Get Great Looks And Great Sound That Won't Break The Bank
The DXK2AE acoustic-electric guitar features a D-14 platform and a Dreadnought body design producing big, rounded sound. Constructed with Hawaiian koa-pattern high pressure laminate (HPL) top, back and sides, the DXK2AE Koa belts out rich clarity and plenty of projection. Equipped stage ready with Fishman electronics—just plug in and play. The result: a great-sounding, great-playing guitar that is environmentally friendly and priced within reach of every aspiring guitarist.
The versatile DXK2AE uses Fishman Sonitone electronics. The Fishman Sonitone Onboard Preamp System features a soundhole mounted preamp with rotary controls for Volume and Tone, and per Fishman you can expect approximately 100 hours of continuous use unfettered by battery changes.
The DXK2AE features Fishman electronics and a cutaway style body are sure to please any level of player. This model includes SUSTAINABLE WOOD CERTIFIED parts. This 14-fret guitar features a hand-rubbed neck finish with a Richlite fingerboard and bridge.The DXK2AE Cutaway model produces the rich, dynamic sound and the look that Martin is known for and is sure to please players of all levels.
- Model: DXK2AE
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Hawaiian Koa HPL Pattern Textured Finish
- Rosette: Herringbone Style - Gold & Black
- Top Bracing Pattern: X-Series ''X''
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Koa Wood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Side Material: Koa Wood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Neck Material: Birch Laminate - Natural
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Standard Taper
- Headplate: Koa Wood Pattern HPL
- Fingerboard Material: Black Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Bridge Material: Black Richlite
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed w/ Small Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Black Dots
- Case: Available as an option
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.