Play An Icon Of Original Bass Design - The Music Man Stingray 5 Fretless Bass Guitar
The first bass designed by the Ernie Ball Music Man company, the Stingray 5 was unveiled in 1987 and has become an industry standard for extended range basses ever since. With it's powerful and punchy sound, and comfortably contoured body, the StingRay5 satifies even the most demanding of players, while it's unmistakeable "4+1" headstock tuner arrangement makes it immediately recognizable and distinguishable from any other bass.
The StingRay5 has an active 3-band preamp, MusicMan humbucker pickup with hum-canceling phantom coil, and unique 3-way switching (both coils in series mode, single coil, or both coils in parallel mode).
- Overall Size: 13-3/8" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 45-3/4" long
- Weight: 10 lbs, 0 oz - varies slightly
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Scale Length: 34"
- Neck Radius: 11"
- Headstock Size: Only 9" long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide
- Neck Width: 1-3/4" at nut 2-3/4"" at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select maple neck
- Fingerboard: Fretted - maple
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Natural
- Tuning Machines: Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 6 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting
- Bridge: Music Man chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles
- Pickups: Music Man humbucking with Alnico pole pieces
- Controls: Single Pickup, 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching: Single Pickup - 3-way lever pickup selector
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w-130w (Regular Slinky Bass #2836)
- Case: Music Man Hardshell Case
Manufacturer: Music Man
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details