Rock The Stage With The Music Man StingRay Special 4HH Bass Guitar
First introduced in 1976, the StingRay has been revered as one of the most iconic bass guitars in history. The StingRay was the first production four string bass to feature onboard active equalization. The flagship of the Music Man line, today's StingRay is the same as it was some forty years ago featuring a solid roadworthy construction, elegant oval pickguard, 3+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever popular Music Man humbucker. All of which combined produce a look, feel and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.
REBUILT FROM THE GROUND UP
- Optimized, modernized, yet so familiar, the new StingRay bass is tailor-made for todayâ€™s most discerning players.
5-BOLT SCULPTED NECK JOINT
- The sculpted neck joint provides uninhibited access to all 22 stainless steel frets atop roasted maple necks.
REFINED BODY CONTOURS
- Enhanced body contours are rounded for more comfort in any playing position while retaining that revered, iconic StingRay sound.
POWERFUL NEODYMIUM PICKUPS
- The new and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets, bringing you more output and a wider range of sounds.
NEW 18-VOLT PREAMP
- A newly designed 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom lets you dial in everything from modern punch to classic, vintage tones.
- The overall reduction in weight is a much-welcomed feature of the new Stingray Special. Select body woods, improved contours, and lightweight hardware provide greater overall balance for extra comfort and a more enjoyable playing experience.
- Reengineered lightweight tuning machines create a more balanced neck while still providing ultra-reliable tuning stability.
- Model: StingRay Special
- Size: 13-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 44-7/8" long (34.3 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 114.0 cm long)
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 8-3/4" (22.2 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Fretted - Maple, Rosewood, or Ebony (dependent on body color)
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Standard â€“ Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Chrome or black plated aluminum control cover (dependent on body color)
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching: Single Pickup - N/A; Dual Pickup - 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: Standard - Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets; Optional - Dual Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Left Handed: No
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.