Introduce Some Outside Sounds To Your Rack With The Mutable Instruments Ears Contact Microphone Eurorack Module
Ears is Mutable Instruments' take on Tom Whitwell's open-source Mikrophonie module - a contact microphone and amplifier.
A large palette of organic, physical sounds can be generated by scratching, tapping, and more generally collecting any kind of acoustic waves surrounding your module case, even speaker feedback.
With its built-in envelope follower and gate detector, it can also be the gateway between external audio sources and your modular system.
Ears For Your Modular
- Built-in contact microphone soldered right under the front panel, turning the panel and your entire case into a microphone.
- Increasingly spaced ridges on the panel, generating sonically interesting pulses or impulse combs when rubbed. Strike, pick or scratch digital resonators like Rings, Elements or the 4ms SMR.
- High-quality amplification stage suitable for external contact microphones, electro-acoustic instruments like guitars, or plain line-level signals.
Extending The Mikrophonie
Compared to the Mikrophonie, Ears has additional outputs:
- Envelope follower, translating the decaying amplitude profile of a tap into an envelope CV.
- Gate detector, translating taps into gate signals.
- Envelope follower and gate detector can process external signals.
- Audio amplifier with 1M input impedance, up to 40dB of gain.
- External input bypassing the built-in contact microphone.
- Envelope follower with 3 preset attack and release times (adjustable by jumper).
- Gate detector with 3 preset sensitivity levels (adjustable by jumper) and +8V gate output.
- Three indicator LEDs: amplifier clipping (red), envelope follower level (white), gate detector activity (orange).
Manufacturer: Mutable Instruments
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA90047
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device