OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Pick Up The Perfect Microphone For Video Recording And Stage Use - The Neumann KMR 81 D Short Shotgun Microphone - Black
The KMR 81 D is the transition of the well-established KMR 81 i shotgun microphone into the digital domain. It provides all of the features of its analog counterpart, which made it a favorite of sound engineers in movie and documentary productions. Additionally it offers the advantages of the digital circuit technology, such as extended dynamic range, a more robust operation (EMC safe) and the avoidance of clipping as a result of the integrated peak limiter/compressor.
The settings for all functions can be recalled, set and stored in the microphone by using one of the digital microphone interfaces.
- Interference tube microphone with shotgun directional characteristic
- Interference/pressure-gradient transducer
- High lateral and back attenuation
- 90°-recording angle
- Extensive accessories for outdoor use
- Light weight: 90 g
- The legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm. Pure Neumann capsule sound.
- The satisfaction of recording the uncolored original, with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system.
- The guarantee of having one of the best A/D converters available.
- Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress.
- Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing.
- Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed. This also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van).
- Acoustic transducer: Interference transducer
- Directional characteristic: Supercardioid/lobe
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Free-field sensitivity1):–36 dBFS
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR3): 21 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted3): 9 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio2), CCIR3): 73 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio2), A-weighted3): 85 dB
- Maximum SPL at 0 dBFS: 123 dBSPL
- Dynamic range, A-weighted4): 114 dB
- 44,1/48 kHz: 41 samples
- 88,2/96 kHz: 49 samples
- 176,4/192 kHz: 99 samples
- - Sampling rates: 48 kHz
- - Gain: 10 dB
- - Compressor on, Attack time 100 ms, Release time 0.5 s,
- Threshold –10 dBFS, Ratio 2:1
- Supply voltage range: +7 V to +10.5 V
- Current consumption: max. 150 mA
- Weight: approx. 90 g, Diameter: 42 mm, Length: 212 mm
- General Specifications of the Solution-D microphones
- Interface: AES42
REMOTE CONTROLLED FUNCTIONS
- - Polar pattern4)
- - Low-cut: flat, 40, 80, 160 Hz
- - Pre-attenuation: 0 , -6, -12, -18 dB
- - Gain: 0...63 dB in 1 dB steps, clickless
- - Testsignal: 1 kHz, pink noise, white noise
- - Sampling rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- - Parametric compressor/limiter (incl. de-esser function)
- - Independent peak limiter avoiding any clipping
- - Switch functions: soft muting, phase reverse, signal lights
- - Signal lights: red4) and blue LEDs
- - System functions, firmware download
- A/D conversion: Neumann process (patented),
- 28-bit internal word length
- Digital signal processing: Fixed-point,
- variable internal word length 28 bits to 60 bits
- - Asynchronous operation (free-running, AES42 - Mode 1),
- basic frequency accuracy: ± 25 ppm
- - Synchronous operation (AES42 - Mode 2),
- pulling range: Min. ± 100 ppm
- Power supply (phantom power complying with AES42)
- Output: XLR3M, 24 bits as per AES/EBU (AES3)
Model: KMR 81 D NX
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA79643