OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Pick Up Neumann's Specially Crafted Microphone With Interchangeable Components To Meet Your Exact Needs - The Neumann KMS 105 D Supercardioid Microphone - Nickel
The microphones KMS 104 D and KMS 105 D are the transition of the well-established KMS 104/105 analog microphones into the digital domain. Based on the AES42 standard, these microphones are an ideal choice for live and on-stage applications.
They provide all of the features of their analog counterparts. Additionally, they offer the advantages of the digital circuit technology, such as extended dynamic range, a more robust operation (EMC safe) and the avoidance of clipping as a result of the integrated peak limiter/ compressor.
Use of one of the digital microphone interfaces together with the Remote Control Software (RCS) permits pre-programmed settings to be stored in the microphones.
- Neumann sound on stage
- Excellent transparency for vocals/speech
- Cardioid/Supercardioid polar pattern with excellent feedback rejection
- Without off-axis coloration
- Effective pop shielding without any side effects
- Set includes stand clamp
- The legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm. Pure Neumann capsule sound.
- The satisfaction of recording the uncolored original, with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system.
- The guarantee of having one of the best A/D converters available.
- Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress.
- Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing.
- Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed. This also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van).
- Acoustic transducer: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional characteristic: Cardioid/Supercardioid
- Frequency response: 60 Hz to 20 kHz
- Free-field sensitivity1):â€“47 dBFS
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR3): 27 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted3): 16 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio2), CCIR3): 67 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio2), A-weighted3): 78 dB
- Maximum SPL at 0 dBFS: 141 dBSPL
- Dynamic range, A-weighted4): 125 dB
- 44,1/48 kHz: 41 samples
- 88,2/96 kHz: 49 samples
- 176,4/192 kHz: 99 samples
- - Sampling rates: 48 kHz
- - Gain: 10 dB (variable with DMI-2)
- - Compressor on, Attack time 100 ms, Release time 0.5 s,
- Threshold â€“10 dBFS, Ratio 2:1
- Supply voltage range: +6 V to +10.5 V
- Current consumption: max. 150 mA
- Weight: approx. 300 g, Diameter: 48 mm, Length: 180 mm
- General Specifications of the Solution-D microphones
- Interface: AES42
REMOTE CONTROLLED FUNCTIONS
- - Polar pattern4)
- - Low-cut: flat, 40, 80, 160 Hz
- - Pre-attenuation: 0 , -6, -12, -18 dB
- - Gain: 0...63 dB in 1 dB steps, clickless
- - Testsignal: 1 kHz, pink noise, white noise
- - Sampling rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- - Parametric compressor/limiter (incl. de-esser function)
- - Independent peak limiter avoiding any clipping
- - Switch functions: soft muting, phase reverse, signal lights
- - Signal lights: red4) and blue LEDs
- - System functions, firmware download
- A/D conversion: Neumann process (patented),
- 28-bit internal word length
- Digital signal processing: Fixed-point,
- variable internal word length 28 bits to 60 bits
- - Asynchronous operation (free-running, AES42 - Mode 1), basic frequency accuracy: Â± 25 ppm
- - Synchronous operation (AES42 - Mode 2), pulling range: Min. +/- 100 ppm
- Power supply (phantom power complying with AES42)
- Output: XLR3M, 24 bits as per AES/EBU (AES3)
Model: KMS 105 D
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA79641
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device