OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Get Classic Neumann Sound With The Neumann TLM 103-MT-Set Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone w/ EA1 Shockmount & Aluminum Case - Black
The TLM 103 has quickly become one of the biggest successes in Neumann's history. Its pristine, clear sound is a modern update on the classic U87. The TLM 103 is a transformerless cardioid condenser microphone with a gentle presence boost for a stunningly direct sound with breathtaking definition and ultra low noise.
THE NEW STANDARD
Introduced in 1997 as an affordable alternative to the venerable U 87, the TLM 103 has since become a modern classic in its own right. Today, the TLM 103 defines the standard by which contemporary studio microphones are measured. Its classic tapered headgrille design gives the TLM 103 a distinct Neumann look.
The TLM 103 is a cardioid microphone with a large diaphragm condenser capsule derived from the classic K67/87 capsule of the legendary Neumann U 87. However, the TLM 103 has a slightly more modern voicing with a wide presence boost for frequencies above 5 kHz. Its very direct yet refined sound is perfect for vocals, and solo instruments that pop out of the mix without effort. Of course, the TLM 103 also has the famous authoritative midrange that has become the hallmark of Neumann microphones and made them the number one choice in studios around the world. A unique feature of the TLM 103 is its impressively deep yet controlled low end, perfect for sonorous voices and powerful bass instruments.
The TLM 103 has set new standards for technical performance, too. With an incredibly low self-noise of only 7 dB-A , it is among the quietest microphones available. And its high sensitivity of 23 mV/Pa, ensures ultra low noise even with budget preamps and audio interfaces or vintage tube equipment. At the same time, the TLM 103 can handle enormous sound pressure levels of up to 138 dB without the need for preattenuation. Its vast dynamic range of 131 dB makes the TLM 103 a very easy to use studio microphone as it will capture anything from a soft whisper to a thunderous bass drum without adding noise or distortion.
As a member of Neumann's TLM series, the TLM 103 works with a transformerless output stage, which minimizes transmission losses and ensures a very immediate, uncolored sound, true to the original, as well as a clear, powerful bass response, even at highest signal levels.
The TLM 103 was primarily designed for project studios and broadcast use, but due to its outstanding performance was soon embraced by renowned studios as a more modern sounding alternative to the U87 e.g. for speech, vocals, drums, guitar amps, and piano. The TLM 103 is also often used as a spot mic in classical recordings e.g. for cello and double bass.
- Large diaphragm capsule derived from the classic U 87 microphone
- Balanced sound with enhanced presence
- Cardioid pattern
- Transformerless circuitry with high SPL capability
- Extremely low self-noise: only 7 dB-A
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 23 mV/Pa = -32.5 dBV +/- 1 dB
- Rated Impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR: 17.5 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: 7 dB-A
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR (re. 94 dB SPL): 76.5 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted (re. 94 dB SPL): 87 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V +/- 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3 mA
- Matching connector: XLR 3 F
- Weight approx.: 450 g
- Diameter: 60 mm
- Length: 132 mm
Model: TLM 103-MT-SET
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA79523
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device