OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Get Inspired To Create Beats Easily And Quickly - TheÂ Novation Circuit Groove Box
The most powerful equipment in the world doesn't necessarily inspire you to create music. Some of the best pieces of gear make you inspired to create music even when simply messing around. Â Enter The Novation Circuit.
Circuit is designed to inspire. Two Novation polysynths and a four-part drum machine, combined with an intuitive grid-based sequencer in a standalone box that will have you making electronic music in minutes. Hit some pads, tweak the knobs and your track will start to emerge, all locked in time and key. Play around with effects, patterns and sounds in real time, to produce your track, brimming with fat grooves and beats.
NEW FIRMWARE V1.4 UPDATE
Novation has released a firmware update for the circuit that adds tons of new features. Â It is free and easy to install from the Circuit Components suite of web-based utilities.
The all-new Circuit Packs format combines a complete library of Sessions, Samples and Patches in a single file, for easy archiving and sharing. A full Circuit Pack is included with v1.4, effectively turning Circuit into a whole new instrument! Circuit Packs are loaded into Circuit via the free Circuit Components Software.
Polyrhythmic Drum PatternsÂ
The length of drum patterns 1/2 and 3/4 can now be set independently of the other pair to create mind-bending polyrhythms and pattern variations.
Instant Pattern Switch
Previously, Patterns could be cued up to play after the current Pattern finishes. Now they can also be switched instantly to generate glitchy drum fills and beat repeats.
Session Color Select
Session colors can be changed directly from the Circuit hardware when saving.
The new pack contains 15 'Starting Points' Sessions. We've pre-selected combinations of the new patches and samples on the Synth and Drum parts, and saved them in these blue User Sessions to get you started making new tunes even quicker.
Making MIDI control more versatile, the Settings page offers separate transmit and receive settings for MIDI clock. Â
Sample Flip: The Sample Flip function lets you create multi-sample drum lines on each of Circuit’s drum tracks. In previous versions of Circuit firmware, only one sound could be used on each drum track. Now, you can select a different sample for each step in all four of the drum tracks. So for example, you can have a kick and a snare on ‘Drum1’, freeing up other tracks for additional instrumentation or sample playback. This totally transforms Circuit’s drum- and sample-programming functionality and opens it up to new styles of music.
Polyrhythmic Drum Patterns: The length of drum patterns 1/2 and 3/4 can now be set independently of the other pair to create mind-bending polyrhythms and pattern variations.
Components Standalone: Components Standalone lets Circuit owners access all of the features of the Components software, without needing to login or to have an active Internet connection.
Fractional Gate – the gate length for a note no longer has to equal one step, it can be shorter or longer. With 6 times the resolution you can add expressivity to your tracks like never before on Circuit.
Synth Patch Preview – this now allows you to audition synth patches in a similar way to Drum Preview.
MIDI CC Send and Receive – this means MIDI CC data can be turned on or off to prevent any unwanted parameter changes.
PRODUCT HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS
- 32 RGB backlit velocity sensitive button grid
- 28 RGB backlit function buttons
- 8 Continuous pots with RGB indicator LEDs
- Dedicated filter and volume pots
- 1/4" jack sockets for left and right outputs
- Two MIDI sockets (3.5mm jack sockets with MIDI din break-out cables)
- USB socket
- Front-mounted 3.5mm jack socket for headphones
- Integrated speaker
- Rubberised knob caps
- Rotary controls secured to the chassis with metal nuts
- Power supply connector
- Power switch
- Battery compartment for 6x AA batteries (included)
- Kensington Security Slot
- 2 Nova synths
- 4 Part drum machine
- 6 Note polyphonic per synth
- 64 Synth patches
- 64 Drum patches
- 8 Synth macro controls (Control up to 4 parameters with one knob)
- 4 Drum parameter controls (Pitch, Decay, Distortion, Filter)
- Mixer view with levels and mutes
- Master FX with individual track sends
- 16 Delays
- 8 Reverbs
- Sidechain effect (7 types and off). Triggered from Drum 1
- Hi-pass / low-pass master filter
- 32 Sessions
- 6 Tracks per session (2 Synth and 4 Drum)
- 8 Patterns per track (Synth 1, Synth 2, Drum 1&2, Drum 3&4)
- 16 Demo sessions
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 6 events per step
- 50 Automation parameters (up to 4800 events per pattern)
- Internal tempo range 40 - 240
- External synced tempo range 30 - 300
- Swing 20 - 80%
REAL TIME PERFORMANCE
- Full range velocity scanning and record. Editable to 16 levels
- 16 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Synth expand view doubles playable area
- Drum expand view allows real time drum record
- Octave (input) and pattern octave (edit)
- Pattern length and nudge
- Configurable pattern chain
- Session instant switching and queued switch
- Velocity and gate per step
- Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern
- 4GB of Loopmasters Samples Included
- Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
- Circuit will also work as a standard USB-MIDI controller.
- Circuit can be powered using 6x AA batteries or a power supply (both included). It can not be powered via USB
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 600mA
240mm width x 200mm depth x 35mm height
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA82109
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device