Pick Up This Affordable And Portable Design Without Sacrificing The Highest Quality - The NS Design NXT4 NXT Series Cello Satin Black
The NXT Series Cello, available with 4 or 5 strings, fretless or fretted, opens up new vistas for the serious cellist. Crafted in the Czech Republic by the makers of the renowned CR Series, NXT cellos exemplify flawless workmanship at an exceptional value.
The tone quality and dynamic range of the NXT cello owes much to the self-powered NS Polar™ Pickup System. Employing special piezo crystals, mounted beneath the bridge, the pickup captures the full sound spectrum created by the strings and body of the instrument. Arco versus pizzicato playing creates more vibration energy in one direction than the other, and a convenient switch on the side of the NXT actually allows the player to select sensitivity for either mode. The result is either more percussive response, or smoother and sustained response, adding a new dimension to what the player can create musically.
As a pure electric instrument, the NS cello has certain built-in advantages over an acoustic. One is the virtual absence of wolf tones, an unfortunate fact of life for the acoustic cellist. Another is freedom from feedback in amplified performance settings, which means that the cellist can move about the stage at will, and better yet, can take solos at any volume. Since 100% of the sound comes via the pickup, using looping and other electronic effects in live performance is much easier and far more effective than with an amplified acoustic, where much of the unprocessed sound "leaks" out to the audience.
The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated fingerboard, delivers a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. Asymmetrical fingerboard relief provides extraordinary ease of playability from the lowest to the highest positions. To suit individual player preferences, the fingerboard relief can be adjusted via the truss rod in the neck, and the string height is readily adjustable at the bridge.
NS Electric Strings and most traditional acoustic strings fit all NS cellos, allowing the player to select from a wide range, each with a unique sound a feel. In combination with the easy adjustment of basic set-up parameters, the NXT Series Cello is adaptable to a nearly limitless range of music styles.
A fully adjustable tripod stand can be used seated or standing. The optional end pin stand provides the seated cellist familiar points of thigh contact and position.. The Frame Strap System allows the cellist to stand up with full mobility for a new experience of freedom and expression. An escutcheon pin on the neck, corresponding to the location of the heel on an acoustic cello, is standard; a more conventional wooden neck heel is also available for installation.
The NXT cello brings unprecedented affordability to the player interested in world-class design, craftsmanship and performance. With a visual appearance a striking as its sound, the roadworthy NXT is an exciting and reliable partner for the most demanding performance career.
INTERCHANGEABLE SUPPORT SYSTEMS: A fully adjustable tripod stand can be used seated or standing. The optional End Pin Stand provides the traditional cello points of contact and position, and is the best choice for cellists who have an animated style of playing while seated, or who play the instrument at a more horizontal angle. The End Pin Stand conversion kit attaches to the tripod stand to hold the instrument upright for on-stand performance or when not in use. The Frame Strap System allows the cellist to stand up with full mobility for a new experience of freedom and expression.
- BODY/NECK: Solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (Black model) or flame maple face (Sunburst model) on body. Brass escutcheon pin on the rear of the neck serves as a reference point corresponding to the heel of an acoustic cello.
- FINGERBOARD: Hand-graduated. Intonation referenced with cascading dot markers.
- TRUSS ROD: Single Action
- TUNING HARDWARE: 12:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners, black finish.
- POLAR PICKUP: The Polar™ directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to lateral string vibration, for bowing and for the percussive plucked response of a traditional acoustic instrument, or to vertical string vibration, for remarkable even and sustained plucked sound more like a guitar. A switch allows the player to choose the desired response.
- ELECTRONICS & CONTROLS: Passive circuit with high impedance output, no batteries required. Volume control and Tone control (treble roll off).
- LENGTH: 94.2 cm (37")
- WIDTH: 13.9 cm (5.5")
- THICKNESS: 9.4 cm (3.7")
- WEIGHT: 4 string: 1.9 kg (4.1 lbs.)
- SCALE LENGTH: 69.5 cm (27.36"")
Manufacturer: NS Design
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details