The Peavey PVXpâ„¢ 15 DSP has a variety of applications such as sound reinforcement, public address, side fill system, karaoke or musical playback.Â
The PVXpâ„¢ 15 DSP is a two-way sound reinforcement system based on a heavy-duty Pro 15â€ woofer and a RX14 titanium diaphragm dynamic compression driver mounted on a 100 by 50 degree coverage Quadratic Throat Waveguideâ„¢. Its sleek, modern appearance, coupled with excellent performance, offer an outstanding package. The lightweight-yet-rugged injection-molded plastic enclosure with molded-in stand mount cup facilitates portable use for live music or P.A. sound. The trapezoidal cabinet has three handles for ease of portability, and an extra 45-degree angled section on the right side to allow use as a floor monitor. Five sets of flying/mounting points, two on the top, two on the bottom, and one on the side, with a total of 16 cabinet inserts, provide for the ultimate in installation flexibility. A black, powder-coated, perforated steel grille provides driver protection and a professional appearance.
The heavy-duty 15â€ woofer has a 2-3/8â€ voice coil diameter, and a 50 oz. magnet for 200 watts continuous worth of chest-pounding bass. The RX14 compression driver tweeter is coupled to a Quadratic Throat constant directivity waveguide, covered under US patent #6,059,069, with smooth, even response, low distortion and good
high frequency dispersion. This horn has an asymmetrical vertical polar response, aiming the main energy lobe down 10 degrees, so it is directed at the audience instead of over their heads. The vertical polar pattern is +15 degrees, -35 degrees. This helps reduce ceiling reflections for greater clarity and gain before feedback.
Advanced Digital Signal Processing (A.D.S.P.) provides the crossover function, driver limiting, as well as the driver EQ to enable the speaker system to provide an accurate and neutral sound for any type of music. The DSP processing uses 64 bit double-precision to ensure accurate and transparent sound processing, and the input/output sections use a 48 kHz sampling rate at 24 bits for maximum fidelity. Low-jitter clocking and professional grade components insure the sound quality is superb.
An extremely flexible system of EQ presets and adjustments is implemented in the speaker systemâ€™s DSP computing core, and accessible via the rotary push-to-select knob and the LCD display.
The PVXpâ„¢ 15 DSP speaker system power amplifiers providing the bi-amplification are low-distortion ultra-reliable fan-cooled units providing a total of 830 peak available dynamic power for the system. There is 630W peak available dynamic power for the woofer, and 200W peak available dynamic power for the tweeter. The power supply for both amps is a switch-mode type, that provides reliability coupled with low cost. Both amplifiers feature sophisticated signal compression, which virtually eliminates audible power amplifier clipping. Cooling is provided via a low-noise fan, for reliable operation under any conditions.
- Two-way bi-amplified analog amp powered speaker system
- DSP I/O is at 48 kHz and 24 bits, with low-jitter, professional grade components
- Fan cooled for maximum reliability
- Peavey Exclusive Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology, 100 by 50 degree coverage
- DSP processing is 64 bit double-precision
- Input is via a combo female XLR and 1/4" TRS phone jack with balanced input
- A Mic/Line switch provides for two different gain settings
- Thru output is via a male XLR jack and 1/4" TRS phone jack
- Multiple Factory Preset EQ settings
- Rugged plastic injection-molded trapezoidal enclosure
- 630 watts peak dynamic woofer power, 200 watts peak dynamic tweeter power
- Full-coverage perforated steel grille, with powder coat finish
- RX 14 compression driver, with 1.4 inch titanium diaphragm
- Pole mount molded-in for 1 3/8" diameter poles
- 15" heavy-duty woofer with a 2-3/8" voice coil & 50 oz. magnet
- Top, bottom and right side flying point inserts
- Asymmetrical horn aims the sound down 10 degrees, at the audience, not over their heads.
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.