Break New Ground And Create New Sounds With The Pioneer TORAIZ AS-1 Monophonic Analog Synthesizer
The Pioneer AS-1 is the second collaboration between Pioneer and Dave Smith. It is a monophonic analog synthesizer that brings new creative possibilities to the studio and the stage. Its intuitive controls include parameter knobs that let you make both subtle and dramatic changes to the tone of your music to create your own personalized sound. Plus you can use the touchpad-style keyboard and slider to manipulate sounds during performances.
The TORAIZ AS-1 is driven by a fully programmable, true analogue synthesis engine based on the discrete analogue circuitry in Dave Smith Instruments’ Prophet-6 synthesizer. It also inherits 7 on-board effects from the Prophet-6 synth as well as a brand new digital distortion.
Collaboration With Dave Smith
Working closely with Dave Smith himself, we have created a synth that produces powerful analogue sound. The TORAIZ AS-1 is an ideal addition to the setups of professional and aspiring producers.
Prophet-6 Analogue Sound
The AS-1 is based on the same analogue filters as Dave Smith’s renowned Prophet-6 synthesizer. It has 2 voltage-controlled oscillators (VCO) with continuously-variable triangle, sawtooth, and pulse wave shapes. Sculpt your sound using the 2 voltage-controlled filters (VCF), a 4-pole, resonant low-pass filter that can self-oscillate, and a 2-pole, resonant high-pass filter.
Use the TORAIZ AS-1 to create one-of-a-kind sounds using 2 VCOs, 2 VCFs, and VCA, 2 EGs and 1 LFO, then save each sound and its parameter settings as a program so you can instantly access it later.
The inspiring 495 preset programmes each have a different sound and 64-step sequence that can be edited separately. You can also save up to 495 of your own programmes in the 5 user banks.
Be creative with the Prophet-6-derived dual FX engine and use a single effect or pair 2 together to add extra texture to your sounds. FX includes Bucket Brigade Delay, Distortion, Ring Modulation, Chorus and Maestro Phaser.
Keyboard and Scale Mode
The TORAIZ AS-1 will make sure your performance is in perfect harmony as you perform the sounds you create with the touchpad keyboard or change the notes assigned to the keys with Scale Mode.
Add dynamic changes to your performance by using the slider to manipulate 7 different parameters. Change the pitch of 2 oscillators, adjust the amount of FX and more.
Be ready to experiment: perform a repeating chord pattern and change it in real time, try out different scales, match scales with a track during playback, and more.
Give your performance the edge with the 64-step sequencer. Step recording of patterns, changing the musical key, editing the sound without editing the pattern – it’s all possible.
Creative DJ Setup
Create even more complex patterns by connecting the TORAIZ AS-1 synth to the TORAIZ SP-16 live sampler via MIDI. Or take it to the booth and connect the sampler to your DJ setup via Pro DJ Link: The CDJs play the track, the TORAIZ SP-16 adds loops and one-shots, and the TORAIZ AS-1 generates unique analogue leads.
- Maximum Polyphony 1 voice
- Programme 99 programmes x 10 banks (5 factory banks, 5 user banks)
- Power Supply AC adaptor DC 5 V
- Power Consumption 1500 mA
- Included Accessories
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Oscillator 1 Frequency, Pulse Width, Sync (Off, On)
- Oscillator 1 Shapes Triangle, Sawtooth, Variable-width Pulse
- Oscillator 2 Frequency, Fine, Pulse Width, Key Follow (Off, On), Low Frequency (Off, On)
- Oscillator 2 Shapes Triangle, Sawtooth, Variable-width Pulse
- Oscillators Slop
- Mixer Oscillator 1 Level, Oscillator 2 Level, Sub Level, Noise Level
- Low-pass Filter Cutoff, Resonance, Key Amount (Off, Half, Full), Velocity (Off, On)
- High-pass Filter Cutoff, Resonance, Key Amount (Off, Half, Full), Velocity (Off, On)
- Filter Envelope Low-pass Filter Amount, High-pass Filter Amount, Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- AMP Envelope Amount, Velocity (Off, On), Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- Glide Rate, Off, On, Mode (Fixed Rate, Fixed Time, Fixed Rate A, Fixed Time A)
- LFO Frequency, Sync (Off, On), Initial Amount
- LFO Shapes Triangle, Reverse Sawtooth, Sawtooth, Square, Random
- LFO Destination Oscillator 1 Frequency, Oscillator 2 Frequency, Oscillator 1 and 2 Pulse Width, Low-pass Filter Cutoff, High-pass Filter Cutoff, VCA
- Modulation Source Filter Envelope, Oscillator 2 Amount, Modulation Destination, Oscillator 1 Frequency, Oscillator 1 Shape, Oscillator 1 Pulse Width, Low-pass Filter Cutoff, High-pass Filter Cutoff
Manufacturer: Pioneer DJ
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details