OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Harness Power To Rule - The Paul Reed Smith Archon 100 - 100 Watt Guitar Amplifier Head With 6L6 Tubes
The PRS Archon - Greek for “ï“ç’úruler“ï“ç’Ñ or “ï“ç’úlord" - is a commanding and versatile 2-channel amp with aggressive overdriven tones and sparkling cleans with plenty of headroom. The Archon“ï“ç“ûs lead channel was designed with five gain stages before the master volume, delivering full, lush distortion. The clean channel provides ample headroom with rich clear tones that retain clarity even at high volume and are an excellent platform for pedals. The Archon has remarkably responsive tone with incredible note separation, whether you“ï“ç“ûre playing on the clean channel or chugging on the lead.
The added option of 6L6 or EL34 power tubes allows players to further personalize the tone and feel of the Archon. 6L6 tubes offer plenty of versatility and warmer, more balanced tone across the full range of frequencies. They will also push with less saturation for a bit of a sweeter, smoother tone. EL34 tubes offer focused, tight, punchy gain. They run a little hotter, distort earlier, and deliver a wider range of overdriven, crunch tones that are great for rock distortion.
Utilizing a “ï“ç“no flash or trash“ï“ç“û approach, the Archon“ï“ç“ûs control layout features volume and tone controls for each channel, a global depth control to add a thunderous low end, and a presence control to effect the high end chime. A half-power switch allows players to choose either 100 or 50 watts of output adding to the Archon“ï“ç“ûs extreme flexibility.
Reasons To Love It
- Made In The U.S.A.
- Very high quality on-on-on switches, panel-mounted
- Panel-mounted alpha pots with flying leads
- Robust PC boards with extensive handwired construction
- Shielded signal cable in critical areas for low noise
- Thick aluminum chassis for strength and low weight
- Mechanical relays for pure audio signal transfer
- Chassis mounted Belton tube sockets
- Components designed and constructed for ease of servicing
- Half Power Switch
- All pre-amp tubes have elevated heaters for quieter operation(diminishes 60 cycle hum)
- Tubes hand selected for low noise and high gain
- Bias test jacks for easy biasing without removing the chassis
- Fuses accessible from outside of chassis for easy replacement
- Type: Tube
- Number of Channels: 2
- Total Power: 50W/100W
- EQ: 3-band
- Number of Tubes: 10
- Preamp Tubes: 6 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 4 x 6L6
- Inputs: 1 x TS
- Outputs: 2 x TS
- Effects Loop: Yes
- Footswitch I/O: Yes
- Height: 10.5"
- Width: 21.57"
- Depth: 10"
- Weight: 43 lbs.
Manufacturer: PRS Guitars
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details