*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
PRS Custom 24 Electric Guitar 10 Top - Blue Matteo
The Guitar That Started PRS - The PRS Guitars Custom 24 Electric Guitar
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS GuitarsËÇÖ first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since. Played by internationally touring artists, gigging musicians, and aspiring players, the Custom 24 features PRSËÇÖs patented Gen III tremolo system and PRS 85/15 pickups with volume and tone controls and a 5-way blade switch. 85/15 pickups were personally designed by Paul Reed Smith to offer remarkable clarity and extended high and low end.
The Custom 24 is the original PRS. Since its introduction, it has offered a unique tonal option for serious players and defined PRS tone and playability.
For 2020, PRS has updated this model with TCI-tuned pickups and nitro over cellulose (CAB) finish.
Pickup Switching Positions
- Position One: Bridge humbucker
- Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck single-coil, in parallel
- Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
- Position Four: Neck single-coil with bridge single-coil, in parallel
- Position Five: Neck humbucker
- Custom Color Blue Matteo
- Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 25-"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Pattern Regular or Pattern Thin
- Neck Depth At The Nut: Pattern Regular: 27/32-", Pattern Thin: 26/32-"
- Width of Fretboard at the Body: Pattern Regular: 2 1/4-", Pattern Thin: 2 1/4-"
- Width of Fretboard at the Nut:-t Pattern Regular: 1 21/32-", Pattern Thin: 1 11/16-"
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlay: Birds
- Bridge: PRS Patented Tremolo, Gen III
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Treble Pickup: 85/15
- Bass Pickup: 85/15
- Controls: Volume and Tone Control with 5-Way Blade Switch
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.