Vintage Heart And Modern Playability - The PRS McCarty Singlecut 594 Wood Library Edition In River Blue
Building innovation on the solid bedrock of PRS Core model design, the PRS Wood Library program has opened the gates that allow our resident guitar gurus to guide the inception of unique wood combinations, with models created especially for the discerning player that will insist on the best - but maybe "wants it a bit different, and not like the rest".
Here at Chuck Levin's, our experienced and intrepid guitar-slingers share in that Quest. Traveling far from this metropolitan area, we make our annual pilgrimage to the upper reaches of Paul's Vault, and enter into the Wood Library. With lanterns held high, we proceed with a singular focus. We know what we want. Our otherwise solemn and introspective silence ends abruptly in astonished delight, as we uncover what are the choicest, most extravagantly beautiful examples of every single specific wood and grain pattern we'd secretly hoped to find, all of it superior in quality - and now we bring it home to our customers.
Always Our Pleasure
From hand selecting of woods, and throughout the creative process of combining the exotics of Maple, Mahogany, Korina, Rosewood, Swamp Ash, Ebony - and perhaps even a few woods that no one will ever be able to pronounce correctly. It gives us enormous pleasure that we are able to offer these unique choices and tasteful design in a small group of select PRS instruments for our customers to appreciate.
Why Do I Like This One?
This Wood Library model is set apart first by it's Ziricote fingerboard with matching headstock overlay. Next, an exceptionally comfortable, stained maple neck is set into the body, which features a hand selected maple top that is a gorgeously figured quilt grain stained with an unusual and attractive Private Stock color. This is solidly paired in back with the choice tone wood of lightweight mahogany. The guitar aesthetic completes with their two-tone hybrid hardware package. Mmm.
Comfortably Asymmetrical Neck
Perfection isn't symmetrical. As you ascend the neck, the McCarty 594's rear carve becomes ever slimmer down toward the heel, affording your hand greater ease and speed, right when and where you need it most.
- \M/ pickups with ceramic magnets are capable of powerful clear tones at the bridge, while a 85/15 provides greater warmth and balanced articulation in the neck position
- Two volume and two tone controls perfectly positioned let players roll off both volumes together
- Versatile push/pull coil taps for each pickup increase tonal options
- Pattern Vintage neck carve with Pattern Neck width, slightly thicker front to back
- Special asymmetrical neck carve that has less meat on the treble side, a little bit more on the bass side
- Unique 24.594" scale length (integral to it's design and the origin of it's name)
- Model: Wood Library Edition McCarty Singlecut 594
- Finish Color: River Blue
- Top Wood: Artist Grade 10 Quilt Maple
- Body Wood: Lightweight Mahogany
- Neck Wood: Figured Stained Maple
- Neck Shape: Pattern Vintage Carve
- Neck Dimensions: .890 1st - .990 12th
- Fingerboard: Ziricote
- Headstock Overlay: Ziricote
- Inlays: Old School Birds/Paua
- Scale Length: 24.594"
- Frets: 22
- Pickups: \M/ Treble and 85/15 Bass
- Controls: 2 Volume and 2 Tone (push/pull) with 3-Way
- Hardware: Hybrid
- Bridge: PRS 2-Piece Stoptail
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
- Case: Black Paisley Artist Case
Manufacturer: PRS Guitars
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details