*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Pick Up The Perfect Switcher That's Powerful And Easy To Use - The Radial Engineering Relay Xo Balanced Remote AB Switcher
The Radial Relay Xo is a 1-in, 2-out balanced audio switcher designed to route the output of a microphone to two different audio inputs. This, for instance, enables a vocalist to switch his mic between the main PA system and the monitors so that he can discreetly communicate with other band members or the technical staff. This is of particular importance for artists that employ in-ear monitors. You can also use the Relay Xo to send the output of a microphone to two channels on the PA. The first channel could be set 'dry' to speak to the audience between sets, while the second channel could be set 'wet' with reverb and echo to enhance the voice. This enables the vocalist to control effects and deliver a more professional performance.
The Relay Xo features a balanced XLR input and two balanced XLR outputs. The audio signal path is completely passive 'pure wire'. There are no transformers or electronic buffers inside that could introduce distortion or color the tone. Instead, the Relay Xo employs military-grade gold-contact sealed relays to do the switching. This makes the Relay Xo equally suitable with mic and line level signals.
Switching may be done using the side-access pushbutton switch or by remote control via the XLR and ¼" input jacks using either the Radial JR1-L latching or JR1-M momentary footswitch. A remote link enables multiple Relay Xo's to be used in tandem.
- Switch vocal microphone from PA to intercom
- Allows artist to speak with musicians and techs
- Remote control using footswitch
- Route any balanced signal to two destinations
- JR1 REMOTE: Locking XLR and ¼” combo jack used to connect a remote switch. Use with footswitches, MIDI contact closures or the Radial JR1.
- REMOTE LINK: Used to link the switching of additional Relay Xo units. Allows stereo and multichannel switching systems.
- MIC/LINE INPUT: Balanced XLR input. The Relay Xo signal path is 100% passive. Audio signals will pass through unchanged without added noise or distortion.
- OUTPUT-B: Alternate balanced XLR output. This output is active when the select switch is pressed inward or when a remote switch is closed. The B LED illuminates when the output is active. 5. OUTPUT-A: Main balanced XLR output. This output is active when the switch is in the outward position or when a remote switch is open. The A LED illuminates when the output is active.
- CABLE CLAMP: Prevents accidental power disconnection by locking down the AC adapter cable.
- POWER JACK: Connection for the included 15 volt (400mA) AC power adapter 8. FULL-BOTTOM NO-SLIP PAD: This provides electrical isolation and plenty of ‘stay-put’ friction to keep the Relay Xo in one place.
- OUTPUT SELECT: This switch toggles the Relay Xo’s outputs. Two LED indicators display which output is active.
- GROUND LIFT: Disconnects pin-1 (ground) on the input XLR jack to help reduce hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- Audio circuit type: Remotely controlled mechanical relay
- Frequency response: 10Hz ~ 100kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.0005%
- Dynamic range: >140dB
- Input impedance: Source dependent
- Output impedance: Source dependent
- Common mode rejection: -106dB
- Maximum input: +26dBu
- Phase shift: <1° at all frequencies
- Gain: 0dB
- Noise floor: -115dBu
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.001%
- Construction:14 gauge steel with internal I-beam
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 40°F and 105°F
Manufacturer: Radial Engineering
Model: RELAY XO
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details