*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Rogers 14" x 6.5" Dyna-Sonic Classic Snare Drum With Beavertail Lugs
Manufacturer: ROGERS DRUMS
This is the drum that “couldn’t be built”. This is the drum that solved a problem that “couldn’t be solved”. Before Dyna-Sonic, you tightened the snares, and the snares choked the head. Dyna-Sonic changes all that. Because your snares ride on an exclusive floating snare frame. They ride with the snare head, never dampen it. There’s no choking. There’s never and snare slap.
With a traditional snare drum, choking results from snare wires being pulled up too tight from the strainer knob when trying to dial out snare vibration and dry up or “crisp” up the sound. With the Dyna-Sonic snare frame, the concept is to allow the snare tension to be controlled on the frame itself, while the strainer knob simply brings the frame up to just “kiss” the bottom head. This results is superior sensitivity over the entire head and allows for all snare adjustment, from “dry” to “loose”, to be controlled from the frame itself.
Roger’s product designer, Joe Thompson said it best in his Jan 16, 1962 patent application for the Dyna-Sonic snare rail system: “The goal of this invention is to provide a drum with ‘floating snares’, which can be tensioned without putting pressure on the head, on a drum with no snare beds.”
The Dyna-Sonic snare frame is that same exclusive floating snare frame design. Made of cast steel, the frame comes complete with snare wire mounted. The single tension screw located at the end of the frame, gives one-point uniformed tensioning with simple hand adjustment. Set it, and it remains in the desired position.
- Pinpoint Definition – You hear the result of each stroke, even at full power always without distortion.
- Choke-Free Sound – Always clear and crisp, never mushy.
- Faster Stick Rebound – You get added speed and better feel with half the effort Your drum head feels solid, never soft.
- Full Dynamic Range – Everywhere on the head There are no dead spots, even at the edges.
- The Sound – This drum has true musical sound. The tone quality is built in – by the unique combination of the floating snares, head, and custom shell
- Simplest Adjustment – Of any drum, a single tension screw gives you one-point uniform tensioning. Set it, and forget it.
- 5ply Maple-Ply Shell with Reinforcement Rings
- Bread & Butter Lugs
- Internal Tone Control
- Clock Face Strainer & Butt End
- Independent Snare Tension Adjustment
- Script Logo Badge
- 1.6mm Triple-Flanged Hoops
- Remo Drum Heads
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.