*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
A New World Of Sonic Possibilities - The Roland AE-30 Aerophone Pro Digital Wind Instrument
Roland’s Aerophone series has opened a new world of creative possibilities for wind instrument players, and Aerophone Pro delivers the most expressive and playable experience yet. With a refined design, premium components, and a vast sonic palette from our most advanced sound engines, Aerophone Pro takes your music where it’s never gone before.
Enhanced by Experts
While developing the Aerophone Pro, we reached out to expert wind players around the globe to see how we could take the Aerophone experience to the next level. Their feedback led to many thoughtful improvements that substantially enhance the instrument’s look, feel, sound, and playability. The result is a revolutionary wind instrument that gives musicians a new and highly expressive voice.
With just one look at the Aerophone Pro, you’ll notice the sleek new design and premium materials. The shape not only looks great, but is thinner and easier to hold for a more confident playing experience. Controls are easy to reach, and the streamlined body with aluminum accents exude an understated-yet-classy appearance. The discrete OLED screen feels like an integral part of the instrument and can be viewed at any angle in any kind of lighting.
Play with Passion
Aerophone Pro makes it easy to channel your creativity and lose yourself in the moment. Fingering is the same as an acoustic sax and includes a high-F# key, so you already know how to play it. And configurable controls for both hands and a MIDI input for footswitches greatly expand your performance options. Through extensive research and development, the breath and bite sensors are more responsive and expressive than ever, with low latency and configurable settings to suit your unique playing style.
Authentic Brass, Woodwinds, Strings, and More
Aerophone Pro packs an entire brass and woodwind section into a single instrument. Developed closely with professional wind instrument players, there are newly enhanced soprano, alto, and tenor saxes, vibrant new trumpet sounds, and authentic world instruments like the stunning new duduk.
Roland's SuperNATURAL technology translates every nuance of your playing with lifelike dynamics, articulations, and overtones. Multiple custom fingerings are supported, while new controller options enable idiomatic performance techniques on a range of instruments, from mainstream to exotic.
Roland's Best Synthesizer Sounds
With Roland’s ZEN-Core Synthesis System, Aerophone Pro is an immensely capable wind synthesizer. ZEN-Core is our latest sound engine that powers flagship synthesizers like FANTOM and JUPITER-X, and Aerophone Pro features presets crafted by the world’s foremost wind synth sound designers. You get everything from vintage analog synth tones to modern hybrid sounds—with the expression and articulation only a wind instrument can provide.
Take the Stage, And the Studio
Aerophone Pro enables powerful and expressive performances in any situation. Its robust design and flexible audio and MIDI connections make it perfect for any gig, or as the center of a wind controller-based production studio. And with a headphone jack, Bluetooth MIDI, built-in speaker, and battery-powered operation, you can pick up and play whenever and wherever inspiration strikes.
Aerophone Pro’s powerful onboard editing tools let you personalize sounds on the spot. Even deeper customization is available through the editor app, where you can also manage sound libraries for different playing situations. And with easily selectable scene memories and favorites, you can quickly navigate the vast array of tones and mark them for instant recall.
- Sleek and refined design with premium materials and pro connectivity
- More playable and responsive than ever with low-latency sensors and controls
- Over 300 acoustic and electronic sounds from traditional to modern and world instruments
- Newly modeled SuperNATURAL tones with authentic acoustic sound and response
- Advanced ZEN-Core Synthesis System for vintage and modern synthesizer sounds
- Easy-to-read OLED screen and ergonomic controls
- Layer up to five-part harmonies or play along with the new drone function
- Bluetooth audio and MIDI, USB MIDI, and traditional MIDI ports
- Built-in speaker, headphones jack, and battery power so you can play anywhere
- Editor app for full visual control and deep editing on mobile devices
- High-quality, cushioned carrying bag with large pocket for accessories
- Box includes: AE-30, Soft Case, Mouthpiece Cover, Moisture Band, Water Basin, Thumb hook cover (2 types), USB cable (Type C- Type A), AC Adaptor, Owner's Manual
- Key Layout: Saxophone compatible
- Sound Generator: ZEN-Core SuperNATURAL acoustic
- Parts: 4 Parts (SuperNATURAL/Drum: 1 Part)
- Preset Memory
- Preset Scene: 305
- Preset Tone: 318
- Preset Drum Kit: 10
- User Memory
- User Scenes: 600
- User Tones: 512
- Favorite Scenes: 12 Effects
- Breath sensor
- Bite sensor
- Performance keys
- Octave keys
- Thumb lever
- Thumb pad
- S1/S2 button
- Scene buttons
- Menu buttons
- Scene category knob
- Transpose knob
- MIDI control switch
- Ver 4.2
- Profile Support: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- Display: Graphic OLED 128 x 32 dots
- PHONES jack: stereo miniature phone type
- OUTPUT jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI (IN/OUT) jack
- USB COMPUTER/MEMORY port (Type-C, AUDIO/MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- External Memory: USB Flash drive (Type-C, sold separately)
- Speaker Amplifier Power Output: 1.5 W x 2
- Speakers: 2.8 cm x 2
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor (DC 5.7 V)
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 6
- Current Draw: 915 mA
- Battery life for continuous use (differs depending on the conditions of use)Rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries: approximately 6 hours (When using batteries having a capacity of 1,900 mAh.)*Carbon-zinc or alkaline batteries cannot be used
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY" AC adaptor
- Mouthpiece cap
- USB cable (Type C - Type A) Thumb hook cover (2 types)
- Water Basin
- Dedicated hand carry bag
Size And Weight
- 133 (W) x 84 (D) x 687 (H) mm
- 5-1/4 (W) x 3-5/16 (D) x 27-1/16 (H) inches
- Weight (including batteries)
- 1,140 g
- 2 lb 9 oz
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.