The Roland TD-50X Sound Module, The Powerhouse Module Behind the Best Electronic Drums
The TD-50X is Roland’s most advanced V-Drums module ever, featuring over 900 premium sounds and full support for our groundbreaking digital snare, ride, and hi-hat pads. Prismatic Sound Modeling brings you the most acoustic-like experience available in electronic drumming, offering incredible depth, dimension, and detail with authentic sound and natural response. Three inputs are provided for digital pads, along with a wide array of analog trigger inputs for our entire range of traditional pads. Deep editing tools make it easy to craft your personal sound, while extensive pro connectivity lets you tackle everything from multitrack computer recording to full-scale arena shows.
- Flagship V-Drums sound module with Roland’s Prismatic Sound Modeling and PureAcoustic Ambience technologies
- Over 900 premium sounds onboard, including many new kick, snare, hi-hat, tom, and cymbal selections
- Three digital trigger inputs for connecting advanced Roland pads like the PD-140DS digital snare, CY-18DR digital ride, and VH-14D digital hi-hat
- Up to 14 TRS analog trigger inputs available for standard Roland V-Pads, V-Cymbals, and trigger pads*
- Ready-to-play presets based on legendary and contemporary drum kit sounds, purposefully tuned for full, punchy, and dynamic sound
- Hands-on interface for quick selection and deep customization of drum sounds
- Massive selection of studio-grade effects, including EQs, compressors, reverbs, multi-effects, and more
- Stereo XLR master output and eight TRS direct outputs provide balanced connections to a PA mixer
- Integrated 32-channel USB audio/MIDI interface for professional computer music production
- Mix input for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Import your own WAV samples via an SD card
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
*The TD-50X has a total of 14 trigger assignments that are shared between the digital and analog trigger inputs. When a connected digital pad is assigned to a specific sound, it takes priority over an analog trigger assigned to the same sound.
Prismatic Sound Modeling: Feel the Difference
The Prismatic Sound Modeling in the TD-50X makes electronic drums come to life like no other system can, infusing multi-layer samples recorded in world-class studios with sophisticated behavior modeling techniques refined over more than two decades. Inspired by a prism—which refracts a single ray of light into every color in the spectrum—our revolutionary approach produces an unlimited array of sonic colors with every stick hit. The initial attack is followed by a complex mix of rich overtones, just like playing acoustic drums and cymbals. You can feel the sound changing in reaction to your expression, creating that magical, interactive bond that fully immerses you in the emotion of the moment. From subtle ghost notes and detailed articulations to the loudest and most intense playing, your drumming has no boundaries with the TD-50X.
Roland Digital Pads: A Revolution in Electronic Drumming
The TD-50X features three special USB trigger inputs for Roland digital pads, allowing you to take full advantage of Prismatic Sound Modeling’s vast expressive potential. Multi-sensor detection in our PD140-DS snare, CY-18DR ride, and VH-14D hi-hat pads works with lightning-fast processing in the module to bring authentic acoustic nuance and detail to these core kit pieces. All your playing techniques translate seamlessly, such as subtly touching the ride to mute the sound or switching at will between head, rimshot, and cross stick playing on the snare. The game-changing VH-14D completes the experience, offering touch sensitivity, tonal variation, and open/closed resolution never available in electronic hi-hats until now.
Imagine acoustic drums that are mic’d, processed, and mixed in a world-class studio—that’s what you get when you call up a preset on the TD-50X. Developed with top drummers and recording engineers, these inspiring kits let you take on any style at the touch of a button, from traditional jazz to full-throttle metal.
Make the Sound Your Own
Going beyond the presets, the TD-50X allows you to customize things at every level—just as you would with an acoustic kit. Make quick adjustments to tuning and muffling, or dive deep and build a kit from the ground up by selecting shell depths, drumhead types, cymbal characteristics, and much more. Then put the kit in the space of your choice using PureAcoustic Ambience, with full control of room type, reverberation, stereo width, and other parameters at your command.
A Studio at Your Fingertips
After you’ve tweaked the details of your kit, bring it to mix-ready perfection with the TD-50X’s impressive array of pro studio tools. Adjust mic settings for various kit elements, then dial in sounds with EQs, compressors, and other processing. And for spaciousness and color, tap into the wide selection of high-quality reverbs and multi-effects.
Mix Outside the Box
When performing with electronic drums, the ability to process sounds outside the kit is vital. The TD-50X has ten fully assignable balanced outputs for sending the house engineer whatever drums they need, with or without effects. And via faders on the panel, you can easily control the mix from the stage when you’re on your own. The module also excels for computer music production, with the ability to send up to 32 simultaneous channels of digital audio plus MIDI over USB for premium-quality transfer.
Your Personal Practice Partner
The TD-50X is loaded with practice features that make every session fun, productive, and rewarding. Improve your timing with the metronome and Coach mode exercises, or simply jam along with music played from a smartphone or laptop. The onboard recorder lets you capture and review your playing at any time, complete with the ability to export audio (with or without backing music) for sharing with others. And you can extend your practice even further with Melodics, a free desktop app that comes with 40 lessons, plus unlimited access via a subscription when you’re ready for more.
- 100 (Preset: More than 50)
- More than 900
- Pad Compressor: each pad
- Pad Equalizer: each pad
- Overhead Mic Simulator
- Multi-Effects: 3 systems, 38 types
- Master Compressor
- Master Equalizer
User Sample Import
- Number of User Sample: Maximum 500 (includes factory preloaded user samples)
- Sound Length (total): 24 minutes in mono, 12 minutes in stereo
- File formats that can be loaded: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 bits)
Song Player (SD Card)
- Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 bits), MP3
- Recording Method: Realtime
- Maximum Note Storage: approx. 40,000 notes
- Export File Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits), SMF
- Graphic LCD 256 x 80 dots
- TRIGGER ACTIVITY Indicator (LED)
- 8 (KICK, SNARE, TOMS, HI-HAT, CRASH, RIDE, AUX, AMBIENCE)
- SD Card (SDHC supported)
- TRIGGER IN jack x 14: 1/4-inch TRS phone type (Exclusion use with digital pad)
- DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port x 3: USB A type
- MASTER OUT (UNBALANCED) jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- MASTER OUT (BALANCED) jacks (L, R): XLR type, balanced
- DIRECT OUT (BALANCED) jack x 8: 1/4-inch TRS phone type, balanced
- PHONES jack x 2: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, Stereo miniature phone type
- MIX IN jack x 2: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, Stereo miniature phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT/THRU) connectors
- USB COMPUTER port: USB B type (USB Hi-Speed AUDIO/MIDI, Mass Storage Class)
- FOOT SW jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- AC IN jack
Number of USB Audio Record/Playback Channels
- Sampling Rate (Original): 44.1 kHz
- Sampling Rate (with Sampling rate converter): 96 kHz, 48 kHz
- Record: 32 channels
- Playback: 32 channels
- *USB Audio is required the using vender driver and switched vender mode.
- *On Windows, recording is 10 channels and playback is 4 channels for audio drivers other than ASIO.
- AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V
- 30 W
- 330 (W) x 255 (D) x 118 (H) mm
- 13 (W) x 10-1/16 (D) x 4-11/16 (H) inches
- 3.3 kg/7 lbs 5 oz
- Quick Start
- Leaflet "Attaching the Ferrite Core"
- Power Cord
- Ferrite core (including Band for fastening the core)
Options (sold separately)
- Pad: PD series, PDX series, BT-1
- Cymbal: CY series
- Kick: KD series, KT series
- Hi-Hat: VH series
- Hi-Hat Control Pedal: FD series
- Acoustic Drum Trigger: RT series
- Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U, FS-6
- Personal Drum Monitor: PM series
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.