*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get Complexity And Projection With The S.E. Shires TR4F Model 4F C Trumpet
S.E. Shires developed the Model 4F in conjunction with some of America's leading orchestral players. It features a special bell taper with a slightly squared bell bend, side seam, and French bead. These characteristics give its sound added complexity, cushion the blow slightly, and enhance its projection and power. The bell of the 4F differs from the 401 in that it is bent slightly longer, resulting in a different Z-brace placement. For some players, this can open up the feel on top of the staff and improve the attack. Matched with a YEB leadpipe and W tuning slide, it produces an ideal balance of power, warmth, and brilliance. Nickel-silver balusters and valve caps add brilliance and character, increase its core, and contribute to cleanness and immediacy of attack. The Model 4F is an incredible orchestral C trumpet.
- Key: C
- Bore: .462 inch
- 4F bell: 4.8125 inch, one-piece, hand-hammered longer (open) taper in standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed (side) seam, French bead, and dual-radius bell bend
- YEB leadpipe: standard-weight yellow brass; warm sound, open and free-blowing, with easy response and a flexible slot
- W tuning slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key; strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel-silver balusters
- Lower valve caps: nickel silver
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes S.E. Shires double trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.