Round Tonal Quality for Symphonic, Studio and Jazz Environments - The Scodwell Boston Model Bb Trumpet - Clear Lacquer
For tonal quality that is round and full, the Boston model has found favor with both symphonic, studio and jazz players who are looking for a rounder tonal quality in the lower and middle ranges, while retaining a freedom in the upper register. With specially designed bottom and top valve caps and harmonic balancers fitted on the first and third tuning slides where beneficial, the horn emits balance and finesse in smaller environments, such as recording studios, while having the body of sound needed for concert halls.
Scodwell Horns are sold in North America exclusively by Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center.
- Special un-annealed rose brass bell
- Harmonic balancers fitted to first and third slide crooks
- Heavier-mass bottom caps
- Retro designed top-valve caps
- Bore Size: .460 size, optional .464
- Bell: 23-gauge, 4.75" rose brass
- Lead Pipe: Sterling silver with special venturi fitted to 1/8th-inch gap
- Valves: Monel pistons for corrosion resistance
- Tuning Slide: Square design
- Color: Clear lacquer
Model: BOSTON CLEAR LACQ
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details