*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get The Ultimate Combination Of Solid State Performance & Versatility With The sE Electronics T2 Multi-Pattern Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone W/ Titanium Capsules
This mic is the ultimate combination of solid state performance and versatility. Based on the chassis and feature spec of the acclaimed 4400a, but with the highly specialized capsule of the original Titan, it delivers full and perfectly balanced mid and low frequencies, while its Titanium capsule produces un-hyped but ultra-detailed HF response.
It is thus ideally suited for percussive recordings, including studio use for drums (and of course percussion), picked guitar, hammer action on piano, kick drum, slap bass etc..
The T2 is also the ideal broadcast mic for spoken word; since the intelligibility of any speech recording comes with good definition of HF (the percussive elements of speech, it is especially important for any mic used to deliver great HF response. However, simply hyping the HF with an EQ bump can cause the sound to be sibilant and harsh sounding. The T2 delivers perfectly balanced HF response due to its very fast HF transient response, giving exceptional intelligibility without the hype.
- Where a pad switch is fitted, this should only be used when the microphone is being used to record
- exceptionally loud sound sources that risk overloading the microphone preamplifier to which the
- microphone is connected, even when set to its minimum gain setting.
- Where fitted, the Low Cut switch activates a high-pass filter that reduces the amount of low
- frequencies in the output signal from the microphone. Low Cut may be used to reduce the amount of
- bass boost caused by the proximity effect when working very close to the microphone or to to exclude
- low frequency signals, such as traffic and floor vibrations where the signal being recorded has little or
- no deep bass content.
Operating Your Microphone
- All capacitor microphones, other than tube models, require a phantom power supply (48V nominal),
- normally provided by the mixing console or mic preamp to which the microphone is connected.
- Phantom power can only be used with balanced microphones and balanced cables and will not cause
- damage to dynamic microphones plugged into the same mixing console providing they are balanced
- and connected using balanced cables.
- Switch on the phantom power supply after connecting the microphone as repeated plugging and
- unplugging of a microphone with the phantom power switched on may eventually degrade the
- components in your microphone preamplifier or mixing console.
- Before switching on any tube microphone for the first time, ensure that the mains voltage selector is
- set correctly for the local mains supply. Tube microphones should also be switched on 30 minutes
- prior to use to achieve optimum performance.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 32mm Twin Titanium/Mylar
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid, Hyper Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 25.12 mV/Pa (-32 dB)
- Max SPL: 122/132/142 dB (0/-10/-20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB
- Self Noise: 16 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 60/120 Hz
- Pre-attenuation Pad: -10/-20 dB
- Matching Connectors: XLR3F
- Power requirement: 48V phantom
- Weight: 280g / 9.88oz
Manufacturer: SE ELECTRONICS
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details