*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
The SSL2+ is the All-In-One Professional Studio for Musical Collaborators and Media Production Teams
Solid State's consoles and production tools have been at the heart of countless hit recordings and award-winning soundtracks for the past 40 years. They know how to make audio sound amazing, and more importantly, they know how creative collaborators want to work together. The SSL 2+ brings together the best of their technology with the right features and expanded I/O capability to get the most out of creating as a team.
Legacy 4K - Analog EnhancementSSL has a history of innovation in analog electronics and console design. Whether it be the sound of our classic EQ '242' and '292' EQ circuits, the punch of the legendary SSL G-Series Bus Compressor or the incredible bandwidth and sonic accuracy of our ground-breaking SuperAnalogue designed mic amps and consoles, we're always moving forward with analog.
Legacy 4K is an all-new analog enhancement effect, inspired by the character of an SSL 4000 series console (often referred to as '4K'). With the Legacy 4K button, we've distilled 2 essential characteristics of the 4K sound into a single-circuit, which you can engage when you need to breathe some life into 'boring' or 'dull' sounding input sources.
1st characteristic: High-Frequency EQ boost - The first thing engaging the Legacy 4K button will do is introduce a 'forward', yet musical high-frequency EQ boost, something which 4000-series EQs are known and loved for.
2nd characteristic: Subtle-Harmonic Distortion - 4K consoles are synonymous with imparting a certain 'mojo' to signals passing through them. This mojo comes through multiple stages of harmonic distortion from compressor VCAs, VCA Faders, and other crucial areas like the transistor mix amps. Using modern components, we've created a circuit that injects a controlled amount of finely-tuned, sweet-sounding harmonic distortion into the signal path, helping to give your sound more edge!
Professional Studio Quality, Front to BackThe Art: Solid State designed 2 class-leading, beautifully detailed mic preamps to capture every nuance of every performance, with enough gain to cope with whatever microphone you're plugging in.
The Tech: Many USB-powered audio interfaces use standard IC circuits in their mic amp designs. The SSL2+ prefers to use a different approach. Its 2-stage design uses a mixture of specially chosen discrete low-noise transistors in combination with ICs. This enables us to design mic preamps with exceptional noise performance and a superior gain range.
And just because you're working out of your home studio or on the road, doesn't mean you should compromise on the quality of your audio interface. With SSL 2+ we've chosen to use the same industry-grade parts as found in our larger consoles and I/O products, delivering the same kind of quality you'd expect from a large SSL-equipped studio, into your personal workspace.
- Alps Pots throughout
- Neutrik XLR and Jack Connectors
- High-Current NJM Headphone Amp Output
- SSL Production Pack
- SSL Native Vocalstrip 2 and Drumstrip plug-ins + an extended trial of the complete suite
- Perpetual licenses for Vocalstrip 2 and Drumstrip, for the fast-track to the best vocal and drum sounds. Plus, try all the other SSL Native plug-ins (including the legendary Channel strip and Bus Compressor) out for free, for 6-months.
- Native Instruments Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start
- Kick start your musical journey with 2,000 customizable sounds - drums and percussion, bass, acoustic instruments, synths, pads and atmospheres, effects, and more in Komplete Start. Hybrid Keys lets you dig deeper by blending sampled pianos, synthesizers, mallets, and more, adding creative effects to produce completely new sounds.
- Avid Pro Tools First + an exclusive SSL collection of AAX plug-ins
- The light version of the industry-standard Pro Tools music production software, with an additional 23 plug-ins including the Classic Compressor Bundle: BF-2A, BF-3A, and Purple Audio MC77, Fairchild 660, and Fairchild 670.
- Ableton Live Lite
- The lightweight version of Ableton's acclaimed music creation software for musicians, producers and performers alike.
- 1.5GB Samples from Loopcloud
- SSL and Loopcloud have come together to curate a collection of ready-to-roll samples and loops for your creations, organized intuitively by genre and available through the award-winning Loopcloud app.
- USB 2.0 Type C Connector (Box includes Type C to C and Type C to A)
- -130.5 dBu EIN
- Gain Range: 62 dB
- Max Instrument Input Level: +15 dBu
- Max Line Input Level: +24 dBu
- Dynamic Range: 112 dB
- Max Output Level: + 12.5 dBu
- Dynamic Range: 111 dB
- Max Output: +10 dBu
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- MacOS 10.11 and above- Class-Compliant, plug-and-play
- Windows 8.1, Windows 10- Install included ASIO/WDM driver
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.