*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get The Culmination Of Three Years Of Intense Research, Listening, And Engineering - The Source Audio Nemesis Delay Effect Pedal
Driven by a passion for greatness, our goal was to create a compact, powerful, and easy-to-use delay pedal with unrivaled tone, flexibility and style. We feel that our goals were achieved - Nemesis offers 24 distinct effect engines ranging from vintage tape and analog delays to highly advanced pitch-shifting, reverse, filter modulating, and rhythmic delays. It also features 128 presets, multiple delay taps, a hold function, tap tempo, full MIDI control, deep editing functionality with the Neuro Mobile App, and much more.
Nemesis captures the full spectrum of delay effects, starting with a comprehensive collection of meticulously crafted vintage delay tones. The Source Audio engineering team spent over a year studying numerous iconic and sought after tape and bucket brigade delay units with a staunch dedication to identifying their every nuance and idiosyncrasy. The Nemesis’s Tape, Noise Tape and Slapback delays capture all the characteristic flutter, warmth, and color that give vintage tape delay machines like the Echoplex and Space Echo their classic charm. The Analog delay engine beautifully achieves the resonant peaks combined with high and low frequency decay that typifies classic bucket brigade delay pedals. The pedal’s Digital delay manufactures pristine, high definition repeats with or without filtering effects for a classic rack-system tone. The Nemesis features a 56-bit signal path with a 24-bit delay line that gives the Digital engine its immaculate, clean delays.
At the opposite side of the spectrum, you’ll find an advanced collection of sophisticated and specialized delay effects. The Shifter delay generates perfect polyphonic pitch intervals with repeats jumping to either an octave (up or down), major or minor third, 4th, or 5th. Sweeper applies modulating filter effects to repeats for a unique delay/wah hybrid tone. Backwards effects like Helix and Reverse provide a perfect blend of chaos and control with multi-tap reverse patterns and angelic pitch shifting effects. A Rhythmic delay features an engaging and musical collection of non-standard multi-tap delay patterns.
Nemesis also features a full range of highly progressive features including full MIDI control and additional deep editing capabilities via the Neuro Mobile App (a free download for iOS or Android devices). Stereo input and output jacks provide dramatic stereo ping-pong and stereo phase inversion effects. The stereo jacks can also be rerouted to create an external effects loop either pre or post effect. The tap tempo switch features quarter note, dotted eighth, and triplet beat divisions and also doubles as a hold control, which freezes a small portion of the delay in a continuous loop. Assign expression control to any combination of knobs and program the depth and direction of each.
DELAY ENGINES - The Nemesis includes twelve basic delay effect engines, with more effects available in the Neuro Mobile App. Existing effect engines can also be further edited using the Neuro App’s extended set of adjustable parameters.
- Slapback — Synonymous with rockabilly guitar effects, Slapback delivers a short single-repeat echo based on early tape delay machines.
- Digital — A classic clear digital delay with optional delay time modulation. The intensity knob controls filtering allowing for high pass filters (creating a thinner delay sound) or low pass filters (creating a warmer delay sound). 12 o’clock on the Intensity knob offers a 100% pure, unfiltered delay. The Nemesis features a 56-bit signal path with a 24-bit delay line for immaculately clean repeats.
- Diffuse — A delay line with a diffusion effect that smears the attack of the repeated signal, softening it and allowing it to blend in more easily with the unprocessed dry signal. This creates an ethereal sound reminiscent of classic “oil can” delay systems.
- Analog — The sound of classic bucket brigade analog delays. Successive delays are warm, resonant and increasingly lo-fi.
- Tape — A detailed re-creation of classic moving-head tape delays. Tape captures all the characteristic flutter, warmth, and color that give vintage tape delay machines like the Echoplex and Space Echo their classic charm.
- Noise Tape — A detailed re-creation of classic fixed-head tape delays. Noise Tape is grittier and darker than the Tape engine, capturing the sound of old or damaged tape.
- Degrade — A primitive Lo-Fi digital delay with bit crushing and sample rate reduction. This creates unique retro sounds with varying amounts of distortion, noise, and aliasing.
- Shifter — A delay with polyphonic pitch-shifting on the delayed signal. Choose from octave (either up or down), minor or major 3rds, 4ths, and 5ths.
- Helix — This angelic delay effect combines reverse delay with an octaver to create a strange, shimmering delay that disappears into the upper frequency range.
- Reverse — The classic reverse tape sound made popular made popular by a number of iconic psychedelic ere guitar players who shall remain nameless. The Nemesis creates several overlapping reversed delays that fade in and fade out regularly to create a pulsing tremolo effect.
- Sweeper — A resonant low pass filter slowly sweeps across the frequency range, creating an undulating synth-like effect.
- Rhythmic — The Nemesis delay line contains 6 taps. This allows for the creation of rhythmic patterns in the delay effect. The Rhythmic effect uses 4 taps to create a wide variety of rhythms.
- 24 Delay Engines — Nemesis features 12 onboard delay engines accessible via the center selector wheel, plus an additional 12 delays downloadable via the Neuro Mobile App.
- 128 Presets — Save up to eight presets accessible via the onboard controls or save up to 128 presets recallable with MIDI program change (PC) messages.
- Stereo Input and Output Jacks — Create dramatic stereo ping-pong delays, stereo phase inversion, or set up an external effects loops, pre or post delay.
Tap Tempo — Tap in the delay time with the onboard tap tempo switch. Beat divisions include quarter notes, dotted eighth, and triplets.
- Includes 9v DC power supply (300mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection.
- Power Consumption — 200mA
- USB port — Connects to Mac or Windows PC for MIDI control of firmware updates.
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)
- Wieght: 1 lb./0.45 kg.
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.