Add A Rich, Hypnotic Effect To Your Tone With The Strymon Flint Tremolo And Reverb Effects Pedal
The magical combination of tremolo and reverb is the earliest example of a perfect guitar effects marriage. First pioneered within historic amplifiers of the 1960s, this harmonious coexistence has made its way onto countless records and performances-from early surf, swampy bayou blues, spaghetti westerns, film noir soundtracks, to modern-day indie rock. There are certain things in life that just belong together-the blend of tremolo and reverb create the perfect pair.
Given this storied history, there was no doubt that they wanted to develop a studio-class effects pedal that delivers this classic combination. We carefully studied our favorite classic tremolo and reverb circuits, examined the sonic complexities, and faithfully accounted for every detail in our hand-crafted algorithms. Flint harnesses the complete power of a SHARC DSP to authentically exhibit these details.
Flint gives you the soothing, pulsating, and hypnotic effects that were pioneered in vintage amplifier tremolo circuits, along with three classic and completely unique reverb algorithms. You get the sonically complex '61 Harmonic Tremolo, the swampy and sultry '63 Power Tube Tremolo, and the sharp and balanced '65 Photocell Tremolo. You also get the classic '60s Spring Tank Reverb, the inventive '70s Electronic Plate Reverb, and the nostalgic '80s Hall Rack Reverb.
With eight parameters to tweak, you get extensive control over the tremolo and reverb characteristics. Go from splashy, pulsing twang, to throbbing, swampy blues, all the way to ambient, trembling, and serene reverberated pads. Couple that with true bypass, and a high-quality analog front end and output section, and you have yourself the history of tremolo and reverb in a pedal-board friendly format
Expression Pedal Input: This multi-function input can be configured for use with an expression pedal, external tap tempo footswitch, or Favorite switch. Set up for an expression pedal and you get assignable expression control over any front-panel knob parameter. Set up for an optional external tap switch and remotely tap in your tremolo speed. Set up for our optional Favorite switch and save a favorite preset.
Individual Bypass: Separate bypass footswitches allow you to bypass the tremolo and reverb individually.
TRS Stereo: We know that there are some out there that like to run stereo rigs. This is why we've added the option of running your Flint in stereo. Flip a jumper inside your pedal, use a TRS splitter cable, and now you've got yourself a stereo pedal.
- Three hand crafted tremolo algorithms faithfully deliver classic tremolo experiences:
- 61 Harmonic Tremolo, 63 Power Tube Tremolo, 65 Photocell Tremolo
- Three distinct reverb algorithms:
- 60s Spring Tank Reverb, 70s Electronic Reverb, 80s Hall Rack Reverb
- Two tremolo adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Intensity, Speed
- Three reverb adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Decay, Color, Mix
- Four hidden knobs for extensive tone tweaking:
- Tremolo Boost/Cut, Reverb Boost/Cut, Effect Order, Tap Subdivision
Ins, Outs, Switches
- High impedance mono input (internal jumper enables selectable TRS stereo input)
- Stereo output
- Tremolo Bypass and Reverb Bypass footswitches
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of either an expression pedal (for selectable control over any knob parameter), external tap pedal (for remote tap tremolo), or Favorite switch (to save a Favorite preset)
- Super low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115db typical signal to noise
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Analog dry path (when Reverb only is engaged)
- Super high-performance DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating-point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable "trails" mode with high-quality Analog Buffered Bypass
- Adjustable +/- 3dB boost or cut when an effect is engaged
- Powered with a standard 9V center negative DC supply, 250mA minimum
- Strong and lightweight black anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details